Monday, 20 December 2010

Rant & Recent Purchases

Hello!

I have, surprisingly, been unable to post for a few days, due to (a) lack of material, and (b) lack of time, so today I will show you some of my recent purchases - a few from last week and some from the weekend.

On Saturday I was supposed to have my Driving Theory Test.  The test centre is 30 miles from where I live, and usually it would be no problem to get there, but of course with all the snow and hail and frost and below zero temperatures we've had lately, it was gonna be quite a trek... So I got up at 9 a.m. on Saturday(!) morning, and checked the DVA website, which said that practical tests were being cancelled due to the weather conditions. Fair enough, but what about theory tests? So, I rang the phone number on the top of my test confirmation letter; no-one there to answer on a Saturday. Fab. Looked up various numbers online, rang them, again no-one there on a Saturday to answer. Not frustrating at all.... Finally got through to a lady in the head office, who was unable to tell me if the theory tests were cancelled or not, and also couldn't tell me if the test centre would be open or not. Well, I wasn't gonna not go, in case I got charged for scheduling another, so I dragged my boyfriend out of his bed and we set off. The journey took over an hour - it's usually 35 minutes.  Got there and... it was closed!!! My God I was raging!  So what did I do instead?...


Oh me oh my...

Yep, I skipped stormed into the shopping centre next door, and gravitated straight towards Priceless Shoes.  Where they had a stand of sale items - £4 or less, with lots for lovely big-footed ladies like myself. *Haaaaaleliujah!*

So, I purchased five pairs (I tried on many more) while my bemused boyfriend shook his head in amazement.
"Go get me a basket!!" I demanded of him;
"Errr they don't have baskets." he replied;
"Fine, watch those while I try on these!!" I declared.
Poor lad.  But I suppose that to men, buying five pairs of shoes in one go really is a totally alien concept.

£4.00 each - Priceless Shoes

Another fact he failed to get his head around, was that I needed to buy two pairs the same, only in different colours.  Basically, I couldn't choose between them, nor did I want to. Both are beautiful.  The black and silver ones may be just the ticket to wear with my silver Christmas dress.

White - £3.00, Leopard Print - £4.00 - Priceless Shoes

At first, I wasn't sure about these, as peeptoe shoes and I generally don't get along.  I have long toes and so peeptoe shoes just cut into them.  Nor was I sure about the square shaped toe.  However, after trying them on I realised that I might just avoid my usual peeptoe related injuries, because of the square toe. Sold.  (I also realised that the white ones kinda look like they should be worn under a wedding dress, but last night in Sex And The City Carrie was wearing white courts so surely I'll find somthing to wear them with)  Only problem was the side of one of the white shoes got dirty in the bag and I can't get the black mark off :( all shoe-cleaning tips appreciated!


£4.00 - Priceless Shoes

I <3 these black ones.  An unusual shape and really nice on.  I tried them on with some black tights with a bow design on and they looked amazing.  Sadly though, due to the weather I stuck to my snow boots when venturing outside!


Next I popped into good old Superdrug to get some supplies.  I got the diva dry shampoo, which is a lifesaver for me.  I started using dry shampoo about 2 years ago, and I don't know how I managed in the years before it!  The Barry M Instant Effects is pretty funky, I tried it out over China Glaze "Cheers To You" silver and it looked great.  The Rimmel one I actually got in £Stretcher one day for 99p, and though it's called "Milk Chocolate" I really think it looks more nude.  I also got the Barry M lipglosses, which I love.  The top one is a shimmery nude with a hint of gold, and smells divine; like toffees or fudge, or Bedhead Brunette Goddess shampoo <3
The bright pink one isn't my usual style, but with neutral eye makeup it looks great, and it smells like those 2p bubblys I got as a child!



OK, I dunno why but my blog has decided that I can no longer left-align, so centre it is then. Hmmm. Not my week it seems.
Finally, as recommened by one of my favourite bloggers, Missy Elz , I nipped into Poundland and picked up some hair inserts!


I had a quick experiment with them and they are quite good.  My only problem is that my hair is quite fine, and later on in the evening I found that the little grippy teeth were a bit visible, despite my backcombing.  So hopefully next time I try them out I will get better results and can put up some pictures.  I would have, except my camera battery ran out and I didn't fancy wading through the snow to buy more ;)

That's all for now my few followers.  I hope you are enjoying it so far and hope to bring you more posts very soon! :) x


4 comments:

"this fashion lark." said...

VEry jealous of all your purchases :) Especially the insane shoes! I'll be back :)

Laurs said...

Awwh thanks! :D Just had a look at your blog too, will def be a regular read for me :)

Charly said...

Aw what a nightmare with the theory test,great way to cheer yourself up though, my 21st birhtday got ruined by the snow so the first thing I did was trek out to Topshop for a new dress to cheer me up!hehe and amazing bargains with the shoes, lovee the white courts,defo agree with you on the carrie front :)

Charlyx

http://x-whatiworetoday-x.blogspot.com

Laurs said...

:D shoes always ease the pain!!