Thursday, 3 February 2011

After a 1 day hiatus...

... I have returned! :)  OK so it was hardly a noticeable absence, but I missed posting :) 


Yesterday:


I didn't have time to post yesterday as I was in work briefly in the morning, then had to go to Belfast High Court for a Consultation meeting, so it was a busy day, but it went in quickly!  I didn't take any pics of what I wore, as it was a boring white shirt and black dress!


In the evening my boyfriend and I decided randomly, at the last minute, that we fancied going to one of our favourite restaurants for dinner, so I got home, ready, and straight out again!  The meal was great, as we expected.  Here's what I wore:



Cardigan - Internacionale, T-shirt - Peacocks, Skirt & tights - Primark
Apologies for the stupid pose - the second that the camera flash went I thought "I'm posing like a flasher" but my boyfriend was pulling up outside the house so I had no time to try again!  I wore my comfy Bearpaw boots with this as it was raining and freezing!  I also wore a headband from Primark (yes, you are about to see my face - it's unbelievable, I know...)  however after I took this photo my mum said that I looked like a miner with a torch on their forehead, so I adjusted it so that the flower was to the side.  I can always trust mum for a brutal honest opinion.


Face:
Foundation:  MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NW20)
Concealer:  Avon Invisible Light Concealer (light)
Powder:  Collection 2000 Pressed Powder (2 - Tender Touch)
Highlight:  MeMeMe (Moonbeam)
Bronzer:  Avon Arabian Glow Bronzing Pearls

Eyes:
Shadow:  Chilli Pepper Eyeshadow Quad (can't remember name - oops :/ )
Highlight:  NYC Broadway Quad highlight
Liner:  Natural Collection eyeliner (black)
Mascara:  Maybelline The Colossal

Lips:
Lipstick:  BarryM Lip Paint (101 Marshmallow - yes I'm perservering)
Gloss:  BarryM Lip Wand (10)

So, that was my first attempt at FOTD - scary!  I really don't like my face in photos, which is why I rarely use it in my outfit photos.  I have a completely round head; it resembles a football.  While in person, I generally look OK and not like some sort of circus freak, I am unfortunately, totally unphotogenic.  I look daft in photos 99% of the time, so I crop them ;)

Today:

Trousers - Next, T-shirt - Peacocks, Cardigan - Poland, Necklace - Primark
A dull but comfortabe option for work today.  I was inspired to do my nails after seeing a post on Everything Girlie, which was in turn inspired by Daily Nail.  BarryM 'Dusky Mauve' plus dots of China Glaze 'Cheers To You'



I am also wearing my new ASOS watch, which arrived yesterday :) I loooove it!  It is a gorgeous colour.  I think I will do a comparison/review with my old watch soon...




ASOS Set Stone Boyfriend Style Watch in Rose Gold - £24 (it was this price during the 20% off sale, now £30)
That's all for now folks, have a good day :) xx

5 comments:

dannithegirl said...

You look lovely in your face post! Loving the watch, and I really want to invest in a headband, yours looks great - although I do kind of see your mums point and I think it's better that you moved it ; )

Sophie said...

I remove my face from my photos when I've not got any makeup on. I loved the shot of you with the headband on. I kno some people who give pretty brutal opinions, you certainly know where you stand at any rate! Love that watch, unusual colour :)
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

daisychain said...

LOVE your skirt and tights, plus you are verrrrrrrrry pretty.

Vanessa said...

Such a great post! I love the cardigan! and the hat you are wearing in your gorgeous application! Great job...i will be back for more :)

Karen said...

Love the nails ;P Glad to hear another person had issues with that bloody Umberto Giannini backcomb stuff hehe Love the blog :)