Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Tagged! Get to know me better...

Laura from FitznBitz tagged me in these questions, so I thought I'd do them now so that you can learn a bit more about me :)

The Questions:

1.  Are you named after anyone?

Apparently I'm named after Lauren Bacall, as my dad liked the name.  Believe it or not, it was considered an unusual name in 1987 where I come from!! 


2.  When was the last time you cried?

Last night, when I read the message my boyfriend had put in my Valentine’s Card – I’m a big sap!

3.  Do you have kids?


No I don’t.  Nor do I want children.  I realise that this sounds harsh, and it shocks everyone to whom I say it, but I have never had that maternal instinct.  Since I was about 13 I just knew that it didn’t appeal to me.  When all my friends started discussing children and how many they wanted/what age they wanted to have them, I felt like an alien species, wondering if I was mad or were they!  When I was 16 my stepmum had my little brother, plus my mum had my little sister, and seeing pregnancy up close really cemented the fact that I could never do it.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind children, I love my younger siblings to bits and frequently babysit my baby cousin who is adorable.  I have friends who have children and I have so much respect for mothers, I just know that it's not for me :( Please don't hate me for being honest!

4.  If you were another person would you be a friend of yourself?

Omg ummm, I would like to think so, yes.  I like to think that I am a loyal friend, always up for a laugh and there if I’m needed.  I am prone to getting ‘on a roll’ with the jokes though and turn into a pseudo-stand up comedian, which I grant is irritating!! But otherwise I think that I would be a good friend!

5.  Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Yes, probably too much!

6.  Will you ever bungee-jump?

No, I think I'd be too scared!  I would love to parachute jump but I don't trust those bungee cords - what if it snapped, or was too long and you smashed your head off the ground?! :/ terrifying!

7.  What's your favourite cereal?

Crunchy Nut cornflakes.  I used to love Lucky Charms, I wish we still got them here :(



8.  What's the first thing you notice about people?

Teeth, then facial expressions/body language.  I like seeing if a person's facial expression matches what they're saying, to tell if they're genuine or not.

9.  What is you eye colour?

Bright blue.


10.  Scary movie or happy endings?

I like scary films but I'm too big a wimp to watch them often!  I like films with a good twist, something unpredictable that makes you think.

11.  Favourite smells?

Fresh coffee, freshly cut grass, petrol, firelighters and lighting fluid (I know I'm strange)


12.  Summer or winter?

I prefer spring actually, as the slightest hint of sunshine leaves me red and sweaty :/

13.  Computer or television?

Computer I suppose, you can even watch TV on them now!

14.  What's the furthest you've been from home?

With or without parents?? I’ve been to Florida twice, which is physically the furthest distance from home I’ve ever been, however my mum was there both times!  I lived in Bulgaria for a month with a friend in 2009, which would probably be the furthest I’ve been from home otherwise.



15.  Do you have any special talents?

Not really :( I'm an ok artist as discussed in my previous post... I can crack my knuckles and I get an unusual number of foot cramps - do they count?! lol

16.  Where were you born?

Ballymoney, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland

17.  What are your hobbies?

Reading, blogging and hopefully I'll get back in to sketching and painting now.



18.  Do you have any pets?

Yes, a cat called Fluffy (how original!) She is 10 now so getting on a bit, but she's lovely :)




19.  Favourite movie?

Pulp Fiction.


20.  Do you have any siblings?

Yes, it's a bit confusing!  I have a full brother (22), two half brothers (13 and 7) by my dad and step-mum, and a half-sister (7) by my mum and her ex-partner.  I never use the "half" part when I'm talking about them though, it doesn't matter to me, they're my brothers and sister.

21.  What do you wanna be when you grow up?

I'm currently a paralegal, and I hope to start trainee solicitor work within the next year or two, after which I'll be a fully qualified solicitor.  Hopefully I'll get there in the end!

Well, that's it!  I tag:

5 comments:

corsets, crafts and cupcakes said...

hi :)

its lovely to know more about you, these sorts of posts are great!

jealous of your sketching/drawing abilities, i wish i had that sort of talent!

great post :)

dannithegirl said...

I almost put lucky charms too but didn't want to copy you cos I wouldn't have remembered on my own! I'm bringing some back when I go to New York in May woop!

daisychain said...

I LOVE lucky charms, a friend bought me three boxes for my birthday haha. I am so behind on tags, must catch up! x

Charli said...

Thanks for the tagggg :D
will get on it right away :D xxx

Sophie said...

Thanks for the tag :D had fun answering the questions. Love your answers. Totally see where you're coming from about kids! Love your blue eyes :)
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/