Thursday, 24 March 2011

Reviving Old Favourites

Hello!  I am wearing a slightly more casual outfit in work today.  I just had to get the new chinos on again :) Excuse the no makeup in the OOTD shots!

OOTD:
Chinos & T-shirt - Peacocks
Cardigan - present from Poland, Shoes - USC
I love these trousers SO much! They are really comfy and (I hope) flattering, plus can be easily dressed up or down.  I must admit, I really struggled with what to wear the chinos with for work though... I tried them on with a white shirt and a brown jacket but I looked like I was about to go horseriding.  I think it would look better with a rust or plum coloured cardigan, as I think the grey didn't really work with the shoes.  It made me realise that a have a distinct lack of cardigans :( I can't buy any until after my spending ban so I will keep lacking them for now! 


I got these Replay shoes in USC when I lived in Leicester!  So that was a long time ago - it must have been 2008 January sales.  They were on sale for £35 I think.  Considering that Replay shoes are usually around the £80 mark these were a bargain.  However I never get to wear them because the colour doesn't go with any of my clothes; I think I only wore them once before, so this is their second outing!  They're rubbing my feet a bit which is annoying, so I must break them in.

NOTD:
After more inspiration from Do Not Refreeze I painted these cute flowers on my nails last night.  The base is BarryM in 'Mushroom', and the flowers are BarryM 'Boots limited edition' and BarryM 'Coral'.  The centre of the flowers is Rimmel Lasting Finish in 'Sunshine'.  It would look better with more flowers but as my nails are so short I thought I best stick with 2 flowers per nail!  I did the dots with the end of a hair grip.

 
Finally I will do a FOTD as I haven't done one in a while:

Face:
Foundation:  Bourjois Healthy Mix - No. 52 Vanilla
Concealer:  Avon Invisible Light - Light
Blush:  MeMeMe - Pussycat Cheek Tint

Eyes:
Eyeshadow:  S-he stylezone trio (part of giveawy win from Joanna)
Mascara:  Maybelline The Colossal - Black

Lips:
Lipstick:  NARS Satin Finish  - Honolulu Honey

That's all for today.  Work is quite busy and slightly stressful so far - wish me luck... Also, I am thinking about doing a 'monthly favourites' sort of post and was wondering if I should also attempt a video for it?  All opinions appreciated! :)

6 comments:

dinoprincesschar said...

love love love the nails!
i like your chinos, a plum cardi would deifitely look rather lovely with the colour!

*Zoe* said...

Love the chinos...you really suit them, and your nails look great xx

Making life more beautiful said...

A video sounds cool :) I love your shoes! And those nails! How cool are they!!! You are so clever :)

I've ALSO tagged you for an award as I love reading your blog so much hun :) xxx

daisychain said...

those chinos are gorgeous! x

Ash said...

Wow I love those chinos, they are v flattering!
I know what you mean about the lack of cardigans, I always think they are such a BORING item of clothing to buy but they can really make an outfit!
xx

Sophie - Country girl said...

Monthly favourites sounds good and I loved your vlog before, so a video would be fun. Your nails are so cool! Love the chinos, they look great on you. I can't seem to find a pair that look any good on me :(
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/