Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Le Dentiste

Monday:

Yesterday I got out of work early to go to a dentist appointment.  It was great to get out 2 hours early!  Obviously I'm not a huge fan of the dentist, but I'm not scared of going.  I had braces when I was younger so I think that after visiting an orthodontist for years, the dentist is easy!  Plus I had an awful time last summer with my partially erupted wisdom teeth causing infections every few bloody weeks and was in the dentist's chair every time.  In the end I had to get one removed, and pay £105 for the pleasure.  A routine check-up is wee buns in comparison! ("wee buns" = NI slang for "really easy")

He is a nice guy, chatted to me (but not when looking in my mouth thankfully; I hate when they do that) told me that my teeth were fine, and then cleaned them.  Really, I could have told him that information and saved myself £20, but anyway...  Also he had to take X-Rays of my teeth as somehow they hadn't taken any in 5 years!  That bit of plastic they make you bite on hurts - how anyone's mouth is big enough to accommodate that comfortably is beyond me.

But aside from that I certainly appreciated my short day!  Here was yesterday's work outfit:

Blouse - M&S via Charity shop, Dress - Primark

I also attempted another nail art design that I saw on Leanne's site - click here.


I always find it funny how rubbish my right hand is compared to the left!  I used 2 BarryM nail paints - Dusky Mauve and Boots Limited Edition polish (can't remember the number).  As I didn't have any rhinestones left, I used a dot of China Glaze 'Cheers to You' for the middle of the flowers.



Tuesday:
Shirt - New Look, Dress- Tesco, Tights & Necklace - Primark
Not a very exciting outfit today.  Just black brightened up with this necklace I got in the Oxford Primark about 2 years ago!  I won't be up to much apart from work today.  I tried to talk my boyfriend into going to the cinema later as it's Crazy Tuesday and all tickets are £3, but he has hurling training.  Bah!

Have a good day everyone!


6 comments:

Leanne Marie said...

Oooh i hate the dentist, and i had braces!
I recently had to have 3 fillings :( I have such weak teeth is ridic!

I dont know how you find time to change your nails so much. I dont have the patience!

Leanne
leannemariea.blogspot.com xx

Susy said...

Love the nails, very cute :) x

dinoprincesschar said...

cant' stand the dentist - i have avoided it for ages!!

Sophie@Diary of a Young Designer said...

I had braces too but still, I hate the dentist. =)

Adorable nails.

xo
Sophie

daisychain said...

tomorrow I am making it my mission to use the phrase "wee buns" as much as I can!

Sophie - Country girl said...

adore those cute tights! My dentist is always horrible to me. I swear he's got it in for me. He's so rude.
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/