Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Sacrebleu

Midway through the week and I am immensely fed up already!  I cannot wait for the weekend!

I have been going out walking for the last few nights and my legs currently feel like lead - this has to be a good thing.  Last year I went walking almost every evening with a good friend of mine as we were both trying to stay in shape.  She has since moved to Belfast and not only do I miss her muchly for our random evenings spent with a bottle of rosé, but I also really miss her company for our walks! :( It is rather more dull walking by myself, even with my ipod, as we used to chat so much we barely noticed how much we were walking (unless we were huffing and puffing our way uphill, of course...)  However I am going to try and stick with it, as sitting at a desk all day and being totally sedentary at home has been having a negative effect on my middle section!

Anyways, walking aside, this is today's work ensemble:
Dress: Primark, Blouse - TK Maxx, Blazer - Tesco

I realise that this blazer is not a great match.  I have the jacket to match the dress however it is too big and I have yet to get back to Primark to change it!  Bah.  I haven't worn this blouse in ages so I thought I'd go all blue today :) I quite like it, I think that although the blouse is really bright, the deep matte navy of the dress tones the look down... or maybe I'm wrong and look ridiculous!

I did these nails last night - click HERE for the tutorial by Leanne at DoNotRefreeze.  The colours I used are very bright - hers are more pastel shades - however I think these were the best 3 colours I could use as my collection isn't that extensive!  I'll maybe try a pink theme next time.  I used a dark sponge, which kindly left little black flecks stuck on the varnish.  However the zebra stripes covered these and a topcoat really helped the colours to "merge" a bit more.  I was too heavy handed so the gradient from yellow to coral is awful, but I will know for next time.  I used Rimmel Lasting Finish in Sunshine as the base, then BarryM in Coral and used Collection 2000 Hot Looks in Big Hair (red) on the tips.  I used my crappy trusty Collection 2000 liquid eyeliner for the stripes.



What do you think?  Any other colour combinations you think would be good for this gradient effect?  Should I maybe film some nail looks for my youtube channel?  All suggestions welcome :)

Have a good day everyone!

P.S.: For those of you who follow me on Twitter, I have now changed my username to "@gottaloveatrier" just so that it matches my bloggy :) x

4 comments:

*Zoe* said...

Love the nails and that bright blue blouse is a gorgeous colour x

dinoprincesschar said...

i think the nails are fab - are you able to wear them to work or do you have to take them off all the itme? that would make me mad if i had spent ages doing something fab with them!

Hannah. said...

your nails are incredible!! so talented xx

I'm having a mini giveaway if you wanna check it out! :) xx
http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/

Sophie - Country girl said...

your nails are great! Yes, I'd love to see you do a youtube nail tutorial. Watched the other youtube videos, they're fab. I adore your hair straight and big & curly. Great job! x
Oh and the walking sounds like a good idea!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/