Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Some Things Are Meant to Be

For the last few weeks I've been considering getting a new camera, as my current one is about 4 years old, and not the best piece of equipment!  I've been hmming and haaing but wasn't really sure.  However, it seems my camera has given up on me, which has made the decision for me - some things are meant to be! 

I was able to take my OOTD photos, but when I connected it to my computer with the USB cable, it says "one moment", as it usually does before the computer recognises it..... but nothing happens? It just says "one moment" for ages, the computer doesn't pick it up, then eventually the screen goes blank :(  It still works for photos though? I guess it's the old age!? Or possibly the USB cable.... but either way, I will buy a new one.  Here's the one I'm gonna get:




It's in my local Tesco, down from £99.97 to £39.97, which sounds good to me :) It's 12.2 MP , and my current one is 7.1 MP so it should be much better.  I am no photography buff, kids; this wee pink one will do me rightly!  Tesco are also doing a decent Fujifilm S1600 'bridge' camera, a bit like a compact/SLR hybrid, for £120, and I toyed with the idea of getting that, but I know I would never appreciate it enough to justify the price. 

Anywho, here's yesterday's OOTD.  It's pretty boring.  Today's was nicer but my camera mustn't think so as it won't let me access me photies!!
Dress - Peacocks, Shirt - Charity Shop, Cardi - Hoi Polloi
Apologies for blurriness! Hopefully I won't suffer this problem with the new cam!

My mum got me this lovely draped sleeveless cardigan (can it be called a cardigan if it's sleeveless?) last year, and I think I wore it twice before I managed to shrink it in the wash :/ oopsie.  I was very annoyed with myself for ruining it, but I still wear it.  Poor mum, having a big eejit like me for a daughter!!

Hope everyone's having a good day! :) Don't forget that you can enter my giveaway if you haven't already done so :)

5 comments:

nicsnotebook.com said...

Oh, I so want a new camera too. I would like a pink one too, this one is a nice colour!!

FitznBitz said...

If you don't wana spend money you could just get a card reader. U stick your sd card from your camera into it and you plug it into the ubs connection on your comp. I bought this one when my camera went bananas!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-USB-Single-Slot-Reader/dp/B000VY80AM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299683201&sr=8-1

Thats a serious bargain tho for that camera. I'm on the hunt for one too. Be sure to let us know how it turns out!!

Laura xo

dinoprincesschar said...

my camera tends to like falling off the shelf which i set it onto for it's self-timer pics, but *touch wood* it seems to be holding up ok..

daisychain said...

Wow, what an amazing deal on the camera, might be tempted myself!

Sophie said...

if in doubt pick one in pink, hehe. My camera broke its tripod so conveniently my husband has to take my pics. I am always shrinking clothes in the wash, mainly by putting them thru the tumble dryer, d'oh!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/