Thursday, 7 April 2011

10 Things I Love...

Hey all!

I was tagged by the Danni at Danni The Girl to do the 10 Things I love post. So, here we go:

1.  My Family
A bit of a no-brainer I suppose, but honestly, my family are great!  The above photo is my mum's side of the family at my uncle's wedding in 2009 (terrible shot of me!).  My family are my friends too, they are great craic and our family get-togethers are always so much fun.  I have quite a large and complicated family, including step-family, who are also great and have always treated me like no less of a relative. I consider myself very lucky that even though my parents divorced they still get on well, and my mum and step-mum have no problem chatting to one another or even having a cup of tea or a glass of wine together if the occasion calls for it! My step-gran even gets my little sister Christmas and birthday presents - and my little sister is no relation to her whatsoever!! They're just like that, which is a lovely quality to have.

2.  My Friends
My friends are just a strange as me, which always helps!  What?... Don't tell me tht you've never played the Lying Down Game before?!... Any time I meet up with my friends, no matter how long has passed since we last spoke, we just pick up where we left off, which I think is a good measure of friendship.  We make each other laugh like lunatics and they're just all round great.  I also made several good friends at Uni who I rarely see, which is a shame, but it's the same with them.  Hopefully a few of them are going to visit NI this summer which would be fab.

3.  My Boyfriend
Again, another no-brainer!  However I have experienced many losers and total A-holes in my time, and this guy right here became part of my life just as I had turned into a cynical aul b*tch and has been the best boyfriend ever.  We have our arguments, as everyone does, but we can't stay angry at one another for longer than ten minutes and always end up apologising profusely!

4.  Food

I love food. All food. Food in general.  Savoury, sweet, healthy, junk.... I'm really not fussy! Apart from being allergic to fish, but that can't be helped.  As long as a dish doesn't involve fish, I will give it a shot.  I also have a huge appetite and a lazy disposition, which isn't good for the waistline! I chose a picture of pizza for this one as it is definitely my favourite food at the moment.  So bad for you, but so tasty. Typical.  I should move to Italy...

5. Sleeping

This was how my bed used to look... I have since abandoned the purple theme on favour of a black and white one.  However I love my bed and I love sleeping.  I am not a morning person and if I don't have an alarm waking me up can easily sleep for 9 or 10 hours before my body feels the need to wake.  Amazing considering how stagnant I am during the day!  I spend most nights at my boyfriend's now though, and he has a half memory foam mattress... makes it even tougher to get up!!

6.  Reading
I've been a bit bad on the reading as of late, as I haven't had much free time.  I have always been a bookworm.  When I was little I would get 8 books out of the library at a time (the maximum number you could get at once!) and read them all so quickly that my parents once accused me of pretending to read them! The cheek.  I love true crime books, as well as novels, autobiographies, chick-lit (so long as it's well written)... I love a book that drags me into another world!

7.  Shopping
Unbelievably, I used to hate shopping.  By "used to", I mean until about a year ago.  I had no idea what suited me and I hadn't yet developed my own sense of style and so shopping was a nightmare.  I went shopping when I desperately needed something and was in and out of shops like lightning.  This has all changed now though and I love a good browse and trying on session!  Online shopping has also made it so much easier!

8.  Laughing Until My Mouth and Sides Hurt
This needs no explanation.  This is what my friends and I do best.  I was drunk when the above photo was taken, however we are just as hilarious when sober.

9.  Animals
We have always had pets in my house.  Mostly cats, however also some fish and hamsters (R.I.P Chandler and Joey) at a time.  I am not really a dog person, as I know I would never have the time to look after one and walk it daily, but they are still adorable.  I would love hamsters again but they freak my mum out.  As soon as I have my own place it'll be a kitten or a hamster all the way!

10.  Neat and Tidy Things

I could not find a picture to sufficiently depict this!  My friends take the piss out of me and say that  have OCD... I probably do to some degree, but nothing major!  I love it when my room is sitting perfect, however I am not obsessive about it.  I am slightly more obsessive over the kitchen and bathroom though, constantly cleaning and bleaching.  I know I have caught this off my mum, who is a total clean-freak, and so my germophobic tendencies stem from her, however I don't think this is a bad thing! I do refuse food from other people's kitchens though because of it... only slightly offensive if you know why, which most people don't.  It f**ks my boyfriend off all the time though, as he knows why I'm refusing!

Rules:
1) State who gave you this award in your post
2) State 10 things that you love
3) Tag 10 other bloggers, listing them at the end of the post, and notify them
I tag:
Thanks for reading everyone!

10 comments:

Charli said...

Whoop another tag I love these things!!
Whitawoo to the pic of you with bruno..looking lovely there Lauren!
Finally I see the face of bruno who loves WWE too haha!!
Totally agree with all these aha!

Also get a hamster ;) you know you want tooooooo x

Susan said...

Aw sleeping, how did I forget to put that on my list. It really is the best :)

I cannot wait to get a kitten either, only another year & I can stop going to Glasgow at the weekends and get one. xx

dannithegirl said...

Aw your list is lovely! I feel bad I didn't put family but they don't read my blog so they'll never know haha! I used to get accused of not reading books too, I used to have to tell my stepmum the storyline till she believed me!!

xx

Lauren said...

@Charli - I'd love another hamster but my ma would have a conniption!! :( some day! And yes that's the WWE fan!!

@Susan - I could sleep right now, love my bed so much lol. Kittens are too cute :)

@Danni - My family don't read this blog, they dont know it exits... neither does my bf... oh well at least I'm saying nice things so they can't be annoyed if they find out!

giddynici said...

Aww this is a lovely post. It is so nice that you're family all get along so well, even the unrelated ones. I adore what you say about you and your friends picking up where you left off as that is exactly how I feel about mine, even when we haven't seen each other for months. x

Sophia said...

What a lovely post! Made me smile! :)

Sophia

http://sophias-style.blogspot.com
xo

Christina Marie said...

I adore this post, thanks for tagging me ;D x

Sophie - Country girl said...

Thanks for the tag! Hope I get my post up soon. Love your pics, especially of you and your bf (he looks lovely)
Great post!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

Miss Educator said...

great post hun - you put loads of effort into it!!!! hottie boyfriend by the way ;)

Sophia said...

Hey! I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award :) Check out my blog to see what it entails...

Love,

Sophia
http://sophias-style.blogspot.com
xo