Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Chinos, Again?!

Howdy everyone!

Back to my OOTD photos now hopefully!  This was thrown together without much thought because most of my work clothes are currently needing ironed and I haven't been arsed had time to do it yet.  I'm still loving these chinos and want to invest in some more... however I will see if I can after my Spending Ban, as I really want to get the new laptop and am saving as much as possible for that at the moment.

Chinos - Peacocks, Blouse - Charity Shop, Cardi - Present from Poland
You may remember that about 2 weeks ago I bought Skin, Hair Nails supplements in Holland & Barrett to see if they helped my nails to grow at all.


My nails are pathetic; flaking and peeling all the time, and never growing long enough for me to do anything involving tips, like a french manicure.  So, after 2 weeks of taking the supplements I was quite surprised by my nails yesterday when I took off my nail polish:


I should also say that I've been using Sally Hansen 'Hard As Nails' as a base coat too!  I know they are still very short, but for me this is a big improvement.  I was quite bad and stopped taking the tablets for the last 4 days, however I am now back on the bandwagon after having this encouragement.  The main thing I am worried about is that after I started taking the supplements, my skin got very oily and I had a breakout of spots; I am unsure whether the supplements were the main cause of this (they're meant to be good for your skin too, so this shouldn't be the case, surely?!) or whether it was something in my skincare routine that triggered the spot outbreak, but I am going to persist with the supplements and see if my skin calms down again.  Perhaps my body just wasn't used to getting so many vitamins and briefly went haywire?!  We shall see.

Anyways I then tried some black tips on my long(er) nails... if they continue growing well I'll definitely be doing a french mani soon!
BarryM Mushroom & Black used
Yesterday my ASOS Mouse Ring arrived.  I'd originally ordered it in M with my Groupon voucher, however it was too small, so I exchanged it for L and it now fits my index finger perfectly. Happy days...


That's about all my msuings for today.  Thank goodness it's halfway through the week...

11 comments:

Charli said...

Ohh i love that ring...soo cute!
And big fan of the manicure!

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Cute outfit :). Love the ring.

Sadie x

http://brandnewbutterflywings.blogspot.com/

dinoprincesschar said...

cuuute mouse ring!! :)

chicknamedhermia said...

Very snazzy...I like that shirt!

Emily Anne said...

love the outfit! the chinos look nice on you!
it would be worth it to get more!

that is awesome that your nails are growing out more! i like the colors you did on your nails!

daisychain said...

Ohh I have that ring in black and now I want the cream colour!

Lottie said...

its gorgeous!

Sophie - Country girl said...

its great that you've found a product that works for your nails, hope you find out the source of the sopt outbreak (and that its not your nail stuff). I've still not found thhe perfect chinos. Love yours! I tagged you for an award on my blog :)
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

I love the black tips. They look great on your new, lovely nails! <33

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Courtney said...

Cute,smart outfit! Ah, i have the same problem with my nails,mmine are useless! xx

Lauren said...

Thanks everyone :) xx