Monday, 11 April 2011

What I Did At The Weekend...

Saturday:
On Saturday I had my 2 hour driving lesson and a lazy day afterwards.  I booked my test - ARGH!  However only two people know the date - my mum and my boyfriend.  No one else shall ever know.  Unless I pass...

Anywho I found a video on youtube by Klaire De Lys on how to make natural eyelash growth gel, so I decided to give it a shot.  If you're interested in watching the video click HERE.



I was very surprised at how easy the ingredients were to source!  I didn't think I'd find any of it where I live, however I got the Almond Oil and Aloe Vera Gel in a local chemist for 99p each, but they had no castor oil.  So asked in another chemist and the lady there said they only had one bottle which was out of date since November but had never been opened and gave me it for free! (Only after asking what I needed it for.  When I said "To help my eyelashes grow" she must have thought I was mad, but she just wanted to make sure it wasn't being used to induce labour, which some mental women do :/ yuck)

Basically you mix those with some petroleum jelly and put it in a cleaned out mascara tube and use it every day!  I can't wait to see if it helps my wee stumps!  I made a total mess when making it though, so be warned!  And the mascara tube takes FOR-EV-ER to clean...


I also met a good friend for an hour in the pub which was fun.  I had 2 whiskeys and was very merry!  Oh dear.  I wore the above; not too dressy as we weren't staying out.  I love these Miss Sixty jeans, however they do not stay up. Constant hauling up is required.  Very irritating.

Sunday:

Sunday was a pretty awful day cos of family problems, but I just stayed out of it as much as I could and felt very sad :(  I washed my make up brushes and stuck them upside down to dry.  Mum thought I was trying out a new abstract way of storing them or something, ha!

I also played around with some eye make up, and the end result reminds me of a mermaid or something.  Very colourful but surprisingly wearable.  If you used lighter shades of the colours it would definitely be a pretty daytime look.

And other than that I went to watch the local hurling team beat their rivals 1-17 to 1-03 :)  My boyfriend played for the reserve match later in the evening, which I didn't watch, and managed to almost get his jaw dislocated.  It's so brutal!

I hope you all had a nice weekend :)  I filmed a quick video and hope to get it up soon.  Really need background music for it, so I'm trying to gather up the courage to ask my brother if I can use some of the tunage he's made, as I don't want to get sued... yet I also don't want to explain that I'm putting videos on youtube as no one knows!  Oh what a tangled web we weave...



6 comments:

Emily Anne said...

that eyelash grower seems interesting! let us know how it works once you tried it :) i am way to impatient to make something like that, but it is awesome that you can do it!

i like that outfit for going out. the jeans are adorable! and i really like the cardi.

that is a good way to dry the brushes. it looks awesome.

and that eye makeup is stunning. i love experimenting with makeup. !

Charli said...

I really want to do the eyelash thing, and i want to do her avatar video aswel hahaha!!!
Hope your ok aswel.. x

Miss Educator said...

Is there anything more frustrating than jeans that keep falling down!!! grrrr. Well..there probably is more annoying things but you get the drift... ;)

Sophie - Country girl said...

My ols miss sixty jeans wanted to fall down all the time too. They were awesome though. Your eyes look so pretty. I need to start doing mine again. I haven't for years. Just completed my 10 things I love tag, phew :)
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

The eye makeup is AMAZING. I lovelovelove this look.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Ashley Monroe said...

Using eyelash growth products is certainly something that is very beneficial especially since it will be able to help you out in getting the best looks that you have long been dreaming of in the fastest and most effective means possible.