Sunday, 29 May 2011

NOTD - BarryM Navy & Matte White Polka Dots

I picked up these colours in Superdrug on Thursday in the "2 for £4.99" offer.  I also got a lipgloss so I could get an extra 50 points for my beauty card! (I've now surpassed the 200 points mark, whoop).

I have heard a lot about the Nail Paint in Navy but to be honest I think I'm a bit disappointed.  Dark blue isn't really my thing but this looked fab in the bottle, and on the nails of other bloggers, so I thought I would try it.  I didn't like the consistency, which isn't usually a problem with BarryM Nail Paints so I was surprised.  This was a bit too thick and gloopy, and so I only did one coat, for fear that two would never dry properly!  I also went for white because I don't own any white nail polish, and I liked the stark contrast of the two colours together.


I do hope "matt" is either a typo or an abbreviation here, BarryM!  I thought that the navy on it's own was a bit boring, so added some polka dots:

I doubt this will get much use from me! :(

7 comments:

xXxStundonxXx said...

I think it looks lovely x

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk said...

I think it looks lovely, it only needs one coat anyway! I love the white polka dots too :-)

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

*Zoe* said...

This looks really good! You must have such a steady hand x

LauraLouise said...

This looks lovely! :) x

daisychain said...

I really love how this has turned out!

Sophie - Country girl said...

Love your spotty nails, that blue is a favourite colour of mine :)

Imogen said...

I absolutwly love navy blue for nail polish. I really want to get some that colour. I always hink its hard to get a nail polish with the right consistency.