Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Back on Track

Hi everyone!  Big hello to all the new followers too, thanks for reading!

As you may know if you follow me on twitter, I had not one, not two, but three job interviews yesterday!  Yes, three; surely it should be illegal to have more than one in any 24 hour period?  I had one at 9.30am so that meant a very early start, as it was about 25 miles away, then the next two were in Belfast and required another 30 mile journey!  God love my boyfriend, it was his birthday yet he took me to them all! :)  How kind!  The first one went better than the other two, and needless to say I am glad to have that stress behind me.

Anyways, here is a brief catch up on some make up (yes, using the Naked Palette, I know I need some variety in my life!!)

Sunday:  
This is what happened after I did the Inner Beauty Tag photo...
Face:
MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 (applied with Sigma F80)
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer 'Light'
Collection 2000 Pressed Powder 'Light'
FCUK Bronzer for contouring

Eyes:
ELF Eyelid Primer
Urban Decay Naked Palette
ELF Eyebrow Lifter & Filler
Maybelline The Colossal Mascara

Lips:
ELF Eyelid Primer
MAC Lipstick 'Shy Girl'

Close up of the eyes (apologies I can't remember exactly which eye shadows I used; I believe it was Virgin, Toasted, Smog and possibly a smidgen of Darkhorse...):



Monday:
For my interview I kept the eye make up minimal... no face shot I'm afraid because I slept in my make up on Saturday night after a few drinks (cardinal sin, I know) and have had to wave goodbye to my pleasing Sunday skin and whip out copious amounts of concealer...
I believe this was:
Virgin - highlight & inner corner
Naked - all over lid
Buck - outer corner
Darkhorse - tiny bit in crease & used to fill in brows

I was recently contacted by the lovely Fiona on behalf of NYC make up, asking whether I would be interested in some samples of their products.  I had an NYC eye shadow quad and a nail polish, and was definitely interested in seeing what else the brand had to offer, and so she kindly sent me a very generous selection of items to try!  Thanks so much, Fiona!


Rather than do one overwhelming post on the products, I'll do them in a series, so expect some NYC product posts over the next few days!

Thank you to everyone who entered my Sigma F80 giveaway too and congratulations to the winner, Dee!

3 comments:

Sophie - Country girl said...

what a fab selection of makeup NYC sent you! Looking forward to forthcoming reviews! Hope the interviews reap some good :)

papaia said...

Has Dee contacted yet?

Lauren said...

@Sophie - thanks, fingers crossed!

@papaia - I contacted Dee immediately to tell her that she had won the giveaway