Sunday, 12 June 2011

Now That I Have Your Attention...

I hope you are all having an enjoyable Sunday and weekend thus far.  I haven't got up to anything very exciting... yesterday evening I went to a pig race taking place at the local hurling pitch... yes, pig race, you read that correctly!  

It was a fundraising event for the local club, so people sponsored pigs, and then people could 'bet' on them to win.  At first it was quite cute, as the little pigs had toy jockeys strapped on their backs, but I felt a bit sorry for them as everyone was laughing and shouting at them.  After the second race, one of the pigs got free of the track, and was trotting about the pitch.  The men were shooing it back towards the starting line, and to get it over the fence, lifted the pig by its back legs and its ears and carried it in to the pen.  The poor thing was squealing repeatedly, and I thought it was horrific, especially with so many children about.  I left at that point; I couldn't watch knowing that the pigs were treated like that.  I'm no pig expert, so perhaps that is the 'correct' way of handling a pig, but to me it seemed awful.  If anyone knows, please inform me of the correct procedure!!  Aside from that, I felt it was a rather cruel exercise anyway; a short blast of music was played just before the race started, and there was food in the 'finish' pen, so the little pigs were obviously just conditioned to associate the music with running for food.  It was unnatural and something I wouldn't go to again.

OK, enough animal rights stuff.  Afterwards, I went out for a few drinks with my boyfriend and a few friends, as it's his birthday tomorrow.  I wore my new Primark dress, old faithful pleather jacket and minimal jewellery as I thought the floral pattern needed little embellishment:

Dress - Primark
Belt - Dunnes
Jacket - TK Maxx
Shoes - Tesco


Bracelets - Pilgrim
Earrings - George at Asda
 I didn't get any photos of my make up, sadly.

I hate to do this, but I entered the Very Fashion competition on Facebook, and it would mean the absolute world if you could please take a minute of your time and vote for me?  I know I have a snowman's hope in Hell of winning, however I am at a slight disadvantage as none of my friends on Facebook know that I blog, so I won't be canvassing them for votes!  It would certainly solve my impending unemployment dilemma!  You can vote for me on the Very Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/VeryUK?sk=app_198461183532882



Thanks for reading! :)

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Hello, I've voted and have asked all my FB friends to vote too. Fingers crossed!
x

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eloise said...

You should have taken some snapps of the pigs!
Lovely dress

xx

Sophie - Country girl said...

I voted for you. I love your dress with that jacket, you look great, I think its my favourite look from you.
I have a giveaway running on my blog at the moment!
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway.html

Susan said...

I love that look, rock chick with class :)

Also voted. xx

Jeannette B. said...

great pics and nice outfit
Shall we follow each other (via google friends)? Would mean a lot to me :) . Let me know