Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Wednesday Wanderings

Hi everyone,

Today's post is just going to be a bit of a rant and ramble, so apologies in advance if that's not your cuppa tea!

I hope you don't mind a day's departure from clothes and make up; I took photos this morning of my outfit but have now realised that I have neither USB lead nor card reader to get the photos on the computer... fail.  I finish up in work next week, which is quite sad... I am going to miss my job, as I like the people I work with (which I think is a big deal in any job) and I find this job interesting.  I will definitely miss the wages!  However, I am looking forward to getting a new job and starting a new 'era' in my life; I only hope that a new job comes along sooner rather than later!

Last week I had three interviews on Monday; one in a gorgeous hotel and two in an office in Belfast.  I had to ask my boss whether I could get the day off, of course, to attend the interviews.  This wasn't a problem, and he then suggested that I just work three days a week for my last few weeks in work, and I could choose which days... Now.  At first I was quite angry.  To me, losing two days' wages a week is a lot of money, which I was depending on, as I am trying to save as much as I can for impending unemployment.  However I think that my boss was trying to be helpful, so that should other interviews arise, I would have the flexibility to attend and work around them (though this no doubt saves the firm a few pennies too, considering that I'm being let go due to financial reasons).

So basically, money has seriously decreased as of last week :( I attended the three interviews, and they all went alright, though I didn't really fancy the Belfast jobs once I was in the place.  I got rejection letters from the Belfast place, which wasn't surprising but not highly disappointing either; it does sting slightly as all rejection letters do, but I knew it wasn't the job for me.  I've had no word back about the other one yet, so I'd say that's looking unlikely also.

Jobs are so few and far between at the minute, it is absolutely sickening and disheartening.  I am checking job websites every day, and even if 50 new jobs are advertised, there might only be one I can apply for, if any.  It is unbelievable.  I was job hunting this time last year and jobs were definitely not as thin on the ground as they are now.  I don't think I was able to send off one application form last week!  I sent off two on Monday though, and have a few more I need to get done, so I am crossing every opposable limb that I find a decent, and hopefully enjoyable, job soon!

When I first started writing this post, from this point onwards it descended in to a rant regarding the "Equality Monitoring Forms" that come with job applications.  Then Blogger lost everything.  So I have decided not to include it this time round, as NI religion and politics don't exactly have much to do with his blog really!  Point in hand: these forms are nosy and inappropriate!!

Anyways, that's about all really.  I am off tomorrow and Friday win - and on Sunday my mum etc. go on holidays for a week so I have the house all to myself! i.e.: parrrrtay peace and quiet.

I hope you all have an enjoyable day.  Let me lighten the mood after that spiel with my latest 'bloopers' video :)

7 comments:

Jenna Suth said...

Good Luck with job hunting.I hope you find something soon. I know how it feels to be continuously searching and there nothing being there. Maybe someone will see you're Youtube videos and decide your talents mustn't go unnoticed and fly you to LA and give you Oprah's old job? hehe xo

dinoprincesschar said...

I hope that you have some job luck soon, it's a scary time!
I think i'm about to be in the same situation as you and i'm not looking forward to it at all!

Eloise said...

Good luck for the job hunt, I searched for so long last year and in the end took a job doing something so boring but I know at the moment I can't really get anything else.
I need to remember I'm actually lucky to have my job though, and stop throwing little sulks!

xx

daisychain said...

the job situation is so scary right now, I hope you find something soon <3

Sophie - Country girl said...

Urgh, job hunting must be a nighmare. I really hope something good turns up for you soon! I like wordy posts as well as outfit/beauty posts. Sending positive thoughts your way :)

ClimbingtotheMoon said...

good luck with the job hunting, fingers crossed you have good news from the interviews :) x

Alex said...

Good luck with the job hunting process. I know it's been ages since I was in your position but I remember how horrible a time it is :(

Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. You don't need to lurk though - come and chat!

xxx