Friday, 29 July 2011

FOTD - Saturday Night Out

I didn't get a chance to take a photo of my Saturday night outfit, sadly, but I did get some make up photos taken before I went out. I based this look on my Rose McGowan Inspired Make Up Look, as I thought it would go well with the tan coloured dress I was wearing. I was very dubious about this look, as for a night out I'm usually all about smoky, dark eyes and nude lips. So to wear more toned down eye make up and red lipstick was a first for me. When my boyfriend called round I fully expected a joke to be made about my lipstick, and while he was shocked at first he then said it looked nice, which was a surprise! My friend also complimented it, so I may be more adventurous with the lipstick in future.

(Only downside is how f***ing yellow it makes my teeth look!! Eugh! They're really not!)

Face:
MAC SFF NC15 mixed with NARS Orgasm Illuminator
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
ELF HD Powder
FCUK Bronzer
Miners Sunblushed Duo
MeMeMe Moonbeam Highlighter

Lips:
BarryM Lip Pencil #3 Red
All For Eve Red Lipstick
NYC Kiss Gloss 'Murray Hill Melon'
Eyes:
ELF Brow Kit
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Virgin, Half Baked, Darkhorse
ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black
NYC High Definition Mascara
Nouveau Lashes (from July Glossy Box - I lost them after this! Gutted!)
So that was my first foray in to the red lip realm! I also loved the lashes from the Glossy Box and was so annoyed at losing them after one night! Typical!

8 comments:

Hazel said...

This look fab Lauren. Love the lashes - what sort are they?
It's good to step outside of your comfort zone once in a while and try something new - it always gets surprising results.

Sophia said...

I love your eyes! I will definitely be giving Dark Horse a go, I always use Smog on the outer corners!

What lipstick are you wearing?

Pretty!

xo

*Zoe* said...

You look gorgeous. Absolutely love this look on you x

cornflakegirl said...

You look fab.

dannithegirl said...

You rocked the lippy! Fantastic look, all retro and glamorous xx

daisychain said...

So stunning, you have the most gorgeous eyes x

xXxStundonxXx said...

Your teeth don't look yellow at all.
You look absolutely stunning.
xxx

KellyCake said...

I loved your look i love the lashes out of the glossy box to going to check out how much they are.xx