Saturday, 23 July 2011

Glossy Box #3 - July 2011

As many of you will already know, the July Glossy Box arrived with most people on Thursday - including me this time! Yay!  There was some consternation over last month's "let down" box (though I love the body buff from it, was well worth the £10 for me) so there were mixed feelings as to what to expect this month.

I for one am really pleased with most of the items I received so am a happy bunny. I'll try to keep this short!



Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil:

I'm not a big fan of putting oily things on my skin as I hate feeling all greased up like some sort of wrestler. However this smells lovely and probably would do wonders for my parched skin so I may give it a go! It is full sized and retails for £19.95, so a great deal anyway by getting this in a £10 box.

Ciaté Paint Pot - #036 Kitten Heels :


This colour is beautiful. A gorgeous red, not too dark, with gold shimmer through it. A jelly like finish that looked great after only one coat! The brush is really easy to work with and the consistency is very smooth. Another full sized product worth £9.00 on its own! I love this and will be wearing it a lot.

Xen Tan - Dark:

I've never tried Xen Tan before, as they're a bit out of my price range and I do love my trusyt St. Moriz. This is 30ml so a good travel size sample. I am slightly worried about using this as it is 'Dark' and I normally go for light fake tans due to how extremely pasty my natural skin tone is! I am also wondering if this little tube would even cover my whole body?! Well we shall see. A full size bottle (236ml) retails for £28.99. My (shoddy) mathematics makes this sample worth £3.70.

Nouveau Strip Lashes:

I do like fake eyelashes for a night out, and funnily, enough, I am going out tonight! If I have time I will use these and see how they fare. They are a brown colour, not black like most fake lashes, so I think they will look very natural when used while still adding length and volume to my own stumps lashes. I can't find a price for these online... but you can hardly get sample sized fake lashes can you? So again a full sized item.

Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss - Explode:

I've never tried any Illamasqua products before, so it was great to receive this item to try. This colour of gloss, while it may not really suit me (I'm undecided!) is, conversely, a colour I would go for in a shop. It's a sheer, pale pink with a blue, iridescent sheen. Slightly sticky but I think I used too much! It looks beautiful on its own and I think it will also look great over lipstick. Another full sized product worth £13.00.


Not including the lashes, the items received are worth £45.65! So, there you have it. A very commendable July Glossy Box! Plus, thankfully, the email communication from the company has stepped up a notch. I received a notification invoice when the money was taken from my account, plus I received an email telling me that my box has been despatched. I was very happy to receive these, as it just makes life easier really!

I know the boxes differed again this month too; what did you receive? Thanks for reading :)

9 comments:

Please may I? said...

Thats a nice box of tricks to receive.

X x

Sophie - Country girl said...

what happens if the fake tan runs out before you finish?! Lets hope it doesn't. Love the lip gloss and nail polish.

Cherry said...

So many people, including myself, were disappointed with last months box but I've heard that so many people have actually really liked the Body Buff. I love it! This months box is really good, love the nail polish!

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Lovely review! x hivenn

Stefany said...

Great review! All these things sound great x

Leanne Woodfull said...

That's an aaaamazing box! :O

Kimberley-Anne said...

I got the same things as you in my box. Really happy with it. I hope they keep the content this high in future xx

Hannah Michelle said...

Ohh I love the lip and nail colour!!

Hannah Michelle said...

Ohh I love the lip and nail colour!!