Saturday, 2 July 2011

June Favourites

Apologies for the unexpected hiatus; after finishing work on Wednesday I've just ended up being busier than I thought, for various reasons.  I now have a moment though and so thought I would share my June favourites with you!

Neoprene Camera Case:
I bought this little spongy textured camera case in Tesco for about a fiver - £4.97 or some silly price like that.  I had been using a big, bulky camera bag which, while it fitted in USB leads and all the rest, wasn't great for fitting in small handbags.  This little case is perfect, I can stick it in any bag and take my camera with me anywhere.

Boots Essentials Eye Make-up Remover Gel:
I have mentioned this little bargain in a previous monthly favourites, but I shall mention it again.  I got this a few months ago, and it is still over half full, despite almost daily use!  It removes eye make up easily and doesn't irritate my eyes or skin.  It's refreshing and only cost about £1.50.  No brainer.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish:
I got this complimentary size tube two weeks ago, and am now thoroughly converted thanks to how thoroughly it cleans my skin!  With the muslin cloth you use to polish it off your face, your skin also gets gently exfoliated.  I have noticed less spots and dry patches on my face thanks to this product, so I am very pleased.

Witch Anti-Blemish Primer:
I won this primer in the Witch Tip of The Day which was a lovely surprise! I use this every day that I am applying make up.  I don't know if it has been the combination of this primer and the Liz Earle C&P that has done wonders for my skin, but I love this regardless.  It's not greasy or runny, is smooth in texture and leaves a lovely base for foundation.  I will definitely purchase one myself when this one is finished.

e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set:
You can see my review and demo on this product here.  I love this stuff; for £3.50 it sets your make up really well, and freshens up your face!  It makes you look less 'cakey' after applying powder and is well worth the money!

e.l.f. HD Powder:
A fantastic white powder, that is translucent on your skin.  It sets your foundation and makes your face look perfect.  I didn't expect much from this powder really but I really love it and will definitely repurchase!

Sigma F80:
See my full review on this brush here.  I use this for applying liquid foundation; it does so amazingly.  Buffs and blends the product over your skin with no streaks or uneven application.  What a beaut.

NYC Lash Separating High Definition Mascara:
I received this mascara from Fiona at the NYC marketing branch in Dublin.  I had tried an NYC mascara a year or two ago which I hated and ended up binning, so to be honest I didn't expect to like it.  However I have been pleasantly surprised.  Thanks to the comb-like wand, it separates and coats the lashes really well, without clumping, and it also doesn't flake or fade throughout the day.  Great product at a great price!

NYC Minute Nail Polishes:
My current favourites, pictured, are Spring Street and Greenwich Village.  These little gems are gorgeous colours, apply easily and dry quickly.  All you need in a nail polish.  Read my full review here.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15:
I had never found the right shade of SFF for me until I found NC15.  While it is not perfect for me, it is as close to my natural paleness as I am going to get in MAC!  Great coverage and long lasting; my go-to foundation for a long day or a night out.

MAC Lipstick 'Creme D'Nude':
A cremesheen finish, in a gorgeous nude colour.  It is definitely my favourite nude lipstick at the minute.  Love!

MAC Lipstick 'Shy Girl':
Similar to Creme D'Nude but more peach and coral toned.  As someone who is slightly scared of bold lipstick, this is a gentle nudge in the direction of coral lips for summer, which suits me down to the ground!

For those more so inclined, you can also see my opinions in video format:

I hope you're all having a good weekend!  My mum and co. return from their holiday tomorrow to shatter my peace and quiet!!

3 comments:

cornflakegirl said...

I love that NYC mascara too.

I started using my Liz Earle sample a few days ago and I really like it so far.

I reading people's monthly favourite posts.

Catherine said...

I love e.l.f HD powder too :D x

Sophie - Country girl said...

That elf powder looks like what I should have bought today. I went for some orange pressed powder and am regretting it before I've even tried it... those lippies and nail varnishes look great!