Sunday, 3 July 2011

Trying to Make Cupcakes...

I am no stranger to attempting some baking. You may have noticed this from some of my early, disorganised blog posts.  Or not.  If not, please don't bother looking for them... let them remain as they are!!  The point is that I have made big cakes successfully before, yet these cupcakes were slightly problematic for me!

This recipe is adapted from the recipe on The Goddess's Kitchen... the recipe is for 16 cupcakes, but for some reason when I'd printed it out last year, I had wrote "makes 12" above it... so when I doubled the recipe to make what I thought was 24 cupcakes... well, there was a lot of excess batter :/ which just had to go in a big dish and made a tasty mini cake!  Same thing happened for the frosting; I doubled it and had far too much. Ah well.

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes:

The amounts I have listed here make 24 32 cupcakes! Halve the amounts to make 12 16!

For the cupcakes you will need:

1)  Preheat your oven to 190oC/170 oC fan/gas 5.
2)  Put bun cases in a bun tray.
3)  Chuck all the ingredients in a bowl, after sieving your flour and cocoa, of course.


4)  In the words of Michael Jackson, just beat it


5)  Stick the batter in the bun cases, but don't fill them to the top. About 2 thirds full.


6) Bake for 12-15 minutes.  Keep checking them though, as mine took a bit longer.  When they're done put them on a wire rack to cool.

For the frosting you will need:

1)  Sieve your icing sugar and cream with the butter.
2)  Break chocolate in to chunks and burn melt it - microwave is easiest but can be risky, you may prefer the good old bowl over boiling water method!
3)  Beat the melted chocolate in to the buttercream.
4)  Spread it over your cupcakes and whack on some décor to take the bad look off them.



At least I know that any future attempts I make at these will be better!  And I definitely will make these again. The chocolate buttercream alone is worth it.

7 comments:

Please may I? said...

Well I think they look yummy. I love chocolate.

Trouble is it likes me too and insists on sticking to my hips!

X x

strawberry-emily said...

yum...those look really tasty :)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oh they look so gooooooood!

Sophie - Country girl said...

these look so yum. I'm really hungry now. I'm terrible though, I never make the icing.

daisychain said...

I am craving chocolate like woah today. These look amazing.

PinkSugarMakeup said...

they look so yummy!! you've given me the urge to bake now!!

Bonnie said...

They don't have to look pretty; they just have to taste good.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88