Saturday, 13 August 2011

Review: MUA Professional 'Heaven & Earth' Palette

I had seen this palette on a few blogs and was constantly lusting after it... I know, I know, it makes no sense - I already had the Urban Decay Naked Palette, which I'd spent £32 of my hard earned cash on in May, so why was I yearning after a palette from the range that's known for £1 items?!

I don't have an answer I'm afraid... but I do not regret buying this little gem for one second!


I bought this about two weeks ago when Superdrug were doing free shipping with all online orders.  I bought two of the Heaven & Earth palettes (one for me, one for mum) and a Starry Night palette. The grand total? £12!

The palette is described as '12 beautiful earth tone shades that blend effortlessly to give a soft shimmery finish'.  All the shadows have at least a hint of shimmer, and there are no matte shades.  This would probably be a problem for some, but not for everyone.  It wasn't for me, as I think all the shades are gorgeous, and for £4 I could hardly complain!

My only complaint would be that the shades aren't named or numbered... so I have numbered them myself for the sake of swatching. (Be warned that the below photo with the numbers isn't the truest colour-wise... refer to the above photo or the swatch photos for that! But I just thought it might help).


Top Row of Shadows:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Bottom Row of Shadows: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
Most of these are fantastic shimmery, neutral colours. The least shimmery colours would probably be #5, #7 and #8. My favourites so far are #1 (beautiful creamy white which I use as a highlight and on the inner corner), #4 (a gorgeous peachy champagne) and #11 (a rich bronze/brown).

The texture of the shadows is, for the most part, creamy and very well pigmented.  However #12 is slightly lacking in pigmentation compared to the others, and is one of the most glittery shades too.  They blend nicely and have little fallout on the face.  They are so soft in the pan that I use my brushes lightly as they can crumble under pressure!

You could use these shades to create a barely-there look, something more bronzed, or even a lovely brown smoky eye.  The little case seems quite sturdy, and I have been taking it to work in my handbag almost every day (I only do my foundation at home, then do my eye make up once I get there!) and it has been so handy.

There are some similar colours in this to the Naked Palette, although I wouldn't say there are exact dupes.  However the Naked palette is eight times the price of this little beauty, so if you're not totally sure about splashing the cash on the former, you should definitely get a taste for neutrals with this one... Only problem is, this seems to have become as elusive as the Naked Palette once was!  I will do a comparison post soon, if anyone is interested.  Also, I had been worrying about taking my Naked Palette on holidays with me next month, as if it got lost/damaged it would be £32 gone... but now I can take both this and the Starry Night palette, and all my eye shadow needs will be more than covered!

In my opinion, for £4 you really can't go wrong with this palette!  My mum is using hers every day too and really likes it.  Have you tried this yet, or any of the other MUA Pro palettes?  I think once they're released in all Superdrug shops I will be investing in most, if not all, of them!

Thanks for reading! x


4 comments:

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Great review, looks fab and such a bargain too. I need to get this.

Sadie x

http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

Sophie - Country girl said...

great review. I saw a different review, that was unfavourable, but to me this looks like a gorgeous mix of neutral shades and at a bargain price. I love the look of this.
You do such fab reviews, really helpful.

daisychain said...

I was really excited to see my local superdrug setting up for the MUA pro range on Saturday, this is top of my to purchase list!

confessionsofamakeupaholic said...

I definatley need to get my hands on this asap. I have the glitter ball palette and I love it :) x