Thursday, 4 August 2011

What I Bought - E.L.F. 50% Off Code

Last week I thought I would make use of the E.L.F. 50% off code to buy some things, now that lots of products were back in stock. I bought 9 items, which totalled £17.75 after the discount, and the £2.95 shipping brought it up to £20.70. That's basically £2 an item! I would definitely make use of this kind of offer again, although the website does tend to go haywire during offer time!

Two of the items were little surprises for my mum (a Studio Powder Brush and a Flawless Finish Foundation in 'Sand') which she was very pleased with, so I haven't included them in my photos. Here are the other items I got:

Brush Shampoo

Normally £3.50,  £1.75 with offer. I usually just use baby shampoo, so I thought I should try a shampoo that is specifically designed for make up brushes. I was really after the Daily Brush Cleaner spray but it was out of stock, so I got this instead! It is meant to clean and disinfect your brushes while conditioning them. The bottle seems small as it is short and squat but it is 120ml which is a decent amount. It doesn't have a strong smell which is good. I guess I can't say much more until I actually use it!

Flawless Finish Foundation - 'Porcelain'

Normally £6.50, £3.25 with offer. These liquid foundations are new on the website, and I am looking for a Holy Grail everyday foundation, as I am so poor at the minute and can't afford my current MAC usage! The packaging is lovely; a sturdy frosty glass bottle and a matte black cap. When you remove the cap there is a black pump applicator (which is £3.00 alone in MAC!) so there should be minimal waste and mess.


The colour came out darker than I expected, despite the fact that this is the palest shade available! I think the frosted bottle is deceiving with the colour.

When I rubbed the swatch out it seemed to turn far too orange toned for my skin. However, I have not used it on my face yet so cannot fully comment on the colour, coverage and longevity at this point. I think it smells nice though.

Studio Cream Eyeliners - 'Gunmetal' and 'Coffee'

Normally £3.50, £1.75 each on offer. I adore my black Studio Cream Eyeliner so I thought I may as well invest in these too! I think Coffee will be nice with colours from the Naked Palette or my new MUA Heaven & Earth palette, while Gunmetal will be nice with metallic or silver looks.


Coffee is more pigmented when swatched, while Gunmetal is slightly shimmery with a hint of sparkle.

Studio Blush - Peachy Keen


Normally £3.50, £1.75 on offer. The colour actually looks very similar to the swatch on website. A gorgeous pinkish peach colour in the pan with some gold shimmer. The photos don't capture the pink tone of the blush very well.


I was a bit disappointed when I first swatched it, as it doesn't have much pink tone on the skin. It is more like a gold sheen than a blush.

Not a great photo but was the most accurate I could get of the colour. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I use it properly.

Studio Powder Brush and Blushing, Bronzing & Blending Brush

Studio Powder Brush normally £3.50, I paid £1.75. Angled brush normally £1.50 I paid a mere 75p. I got the Powder Brush as I am hoping it will be similar to my Sigma F80, and can be used to apply foundation. The flat top and soft bristles seem promising so far. The angled brush is smaller than what I would have liked, and less dense, but it is also very soft and I think it will be good for contouring, for which I mainly use it.


As I said, these are only my initial thoughts on the products, yet I have amazed myself with how much I have waffled on! If you would like a review of any of these products at a later date when I have used them, just let me know. Also let me know your opinions on any of the above!

Thank you also to my new followers :) it's great to have you along! I hope everyone's week is going well!

7 comments:

Magda said...

Let us know when you try the foundation. I am really curious.

Paperbacks&Postcards said...

The gunmetal cream liner looks so pretty! Do you think it would make a good base for eyeshadow? xx

cornflakegirl said...

I have that blusher and I really like it. The cream eyeliners look great.

daisychain said...

I'm curious as to how the foundation fares! x

KatieWrites said...

Oooh what a lovely collection of items. I really want to try both of elf's brush cleaners. I'd love to know what you think of the shampoo once you tried it in comparison to Johnsons baby shampoo. The foundation looks interesting too. I'm a sucker for frosted glass packaging. x

Sophie - Country girl said...

I am surprised how orange the lightest shade of foundation turned out. Hoping it'll be useable on your face. Looks like you filled your boots with that fab offer!

Sara said...

Yes, I also went nuts on the 50% off weekend. I bought a stipple brush, thinking it would be a wonder brush but now I'm not so sure. Have you got one??

S xx