Monday, 26 September 2011

Florida Haul: Part 1 - The Florida Mall

While I was on holiday in Orlando, I made the most of blowing my spending money on make up that either isn't available in the UK, or works out cheaper than in the UK. I didn't really bother with clothes as most of the things in the shops were summery, and I thought there little point in buying summery items, then returning to autumnal NI.

This is going to be a rather picture heavy post, so I think I will have to break it down in to several posts! So this will be Part 1... what I bought at the Florida Mall. What a glorious place that Mall is... we spent all day there, basically. I wished we had the time (and money!) to go again another day. 

The only thing I don't like about shopping in America? The way they slap the bloody tax on when you get to the till! Usually 6.5%. So nothing is exactly the price you expect!

Bath & Body Works:
Candles: 3 for $5 (Spiced Madeleine, Marshmallow Fireside & S'mores)
Hand Gel: 5 for $5 (Cranapple Crisp, Fresh Market Apple, Twilight Woods, Midnight Pomegranate, Pistachio Vanilla)
We need Bath & Body Works in the UK/Ireland! It was fantastic. There was so much I just didn't know where to begin, and barely looked at a tenth of the gorgeous stock they had. I thought these candles were a total bargain and a nice size for taking home (45g each - just under half the size of a small jar Yankee candle) and they also do huge ones too. The candles smell amazing, it was so hard to choose just three. The hand sanitizers smell delicious, some have glitter in and others have little beads. All fantastic value.

Total: $10 plus 6.5% tax = $10.62 (approx. £6.80)

Sephora:
Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner - $6
NARS Eye Shadow Duo 'Portobello' - $33
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eye Liner '23L' - $18
Again, we need Sephora in the UK/Ireland!! It's like Debenhams beauty floor without the separate tills. You just dander about, browse each brand, put your items in a basket and pay for it all at one till, at the one time. Easy peasy. Does that not make much more sense?! I didn't encounter any pushy sales assistants either, bonus. Only downside was I found that very few of the items had tester products, so if you don't know exactly what you want (I did know) you could have a hard time browsing and swatching, and may need the help of a pushy sales assistant!

Total: $57 plus 6.5% tax = $60.71 (approx. £39)



MAC:
Face & Body Foundation 'C1' - $32.50
Eye Shadow Quad - $7
Pan Eye Shadows - $11.50 each
217 Brush - $22.50
I had a rather large shopping list for MAC, and was extremely restrained with what I did pick up! I thought I would buy some things from MAC that I really wanted to try, and that would also make a nice saving compared to buying them at home. I think I saved around £20 altogether which is quite good. (approximately £5.30 saving on foundation, £2.60 each on eye shadows, £2.70 on quad, £2 on brush). I had a sales assistant help me pick out the eye shadows, and I felt a bit awkward while doing so. As a result, Handwritten was a rushed choice, which I kind of regret now, as it's a matte among the shimmers, but oh well.

Total: $108 plus 6.5% tax = $115.02 (approx. £74)


So, that's a few things that I picked up at the Florida Mall in Orlando! I would definitely go back for the shopping, it is such good value compared to here. The gorgeous weather and fun things to do also help!

Let me know your thoughts :)

11 comments:

Karen said...

Great haul Lauren and I think it's nice to have a matte in among the shimmers :) My brother brought me back some Bath and Body Works stuff home from Florida too, gorge isn't the word! Looking forward to seeing what else you got :)

Charli said...

You've made me want to shop now!! We defo need shops like that here!! x

To Blush, or not to Blush? said...

B&BW candles are the best, aren't they? My faves!

Sophie - Country girl said...

looks like you bought loads!
That is far too confusing adding the tax on at the till. How would you know what anything costs?!

MSodapop said...

I love your bath & Body works haul!
I'm dying to try the candles.

Leanne Marie said...

You picked up some lovely bits! Love the eyeshadows you picked out from Mac!

xx

Hazel said...

What a shame we have to cross oceans to get a good deal!

Caroline said...

Such good value in bath & body works for those candles/hand sanitizers you got, they look really nice and bet they smell amazing! I love visiting Sephora in the US and also wish it'd open up over here! x

daisychain said...

We totally need Bath and Body Works here!

SadeeStyle said...

i really like the MAC pallete

SadeeStyle said...

Follow Back Please
♥ SadeeStyle ♥
www.sadeestyle.net