Sunday, 11 September 2011

Holiday Shorts

So, as I mentioned in my last post, I am planning on bringing very little to Florida with me, as I want to buy lots when I get there. I am thinking I will just bring very basic clothes; 3 pairs of shorts, 2 skirts, 2 dresses and a few vest tops.

On Friday my boyfriend drove all the way to Belfast and met me after work, as he wanted to buy some holiday clothes. I didn't plan on buying anything, but I was keeping my eye out for a small bag with a long across-the-body strap; something that could fit in my purse and camera, but still be small enough for carrying about all day (especially when at Universal Studios, etc). I found this little number in Primark for £4 and figured it would do nicely...


I would have preferred it in black but they didn't have any. However I still like the tan colour, and it should be ok for its purpose.

Then as my boyfriend was trying on some things in H&M, I spied a pair of shorts that I NEEDED. These were hanging, on their own, at the end of a rail, and I couldn't find any other pairs, but miraculously these were in my size. They were in the 'Divided' section, and I am not sure what that means... is it just a collection within H&M? But anyways, here they are:


Admittedly, they don't look like much in the photo, but I adore them. They sit quite high on me, and so are more along the lines of hot pants, but ah well, They can be dressed up or down and were only £12.99. I even wore these out last night with a simple black vest top and black heels, and loved them. So comfy, if slightly breezy. I also couldn't bend over or the entire bar would have got an eyeful, my boyfriend even said I shouldn't be leaving the house with so much leg on display! He was horrified but I still wore them hehe.

I will try and do a few posts about what I am bringing on holidays but to be honest, it will depend if I have time!

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Love the leopard print shorts! That bag looks great for wandering around with during the day on holiday, I love big handbags but sometimes it's much easier to take a bag like that and have your hands free! Have a great holiday! x

mystyledefine said...

Those shorts are awesome! x

daisychain said...

those shorts are fab!

Sophie - Country girl said...

love these daring shorts, woop woop!
Have a fabulous holiday, you deserve it.

Dσmιηιкα said...

Wow, I love that skirt! So pretty! ♥


xoxo, Dominika

Danni said...

I always seem to find fab things all on their own in H&M. Divided is the young fashion bit I think, I remember when they first started it and the logo was a weird font...I thought it said reduced and got a bit of a shock at the till!x

Top Style Advice said...

These shorts are fab!! I really want them :)

Come and enter my giveaway :)

http://www.topstyleadvice.com/2011/09/first-giveaway-beyonce-inspired.html

xoxo

Imogen said...

Love the leopard print shorts and the bag is great.

Susan said...

The shorts are fab, it must have been fate :) xx