Friday, 23 September 2011

Remember Me?!

HI!

I am back on home ground after a lovely week in the Florida sunshine! Apologies for the total lack of au revoir but things were slightly mental before I left and I just didn't have time to post before I left or schedule any posts as I had hoped.

I have lots of new goodies to show you over the next few days, but for now I just thought I would show you what I got in this month's Glossy Box.

The September box seems to have divided opinions, and I can fully understand why. I am very pleased with the items in mine, however after seeing other people's posts about their boxes, I think I was fortunate to receive the items I did.

One problem however, occurred with my box. I had recently received a new bank card, and totally forgot that this would affect my payment to Glossy Box. I received an email from the company informing me that my payment had failed. I quickly realised the new bank card was the reason, but you cannot simply change your bank details on your Glossy Box account; you have to cancel your subscription, then resubscribe with the new bank details. What a palaver that was, for a start.

After I had done this, I emailed them to explain why my payment had failed, and said that I had now cancelled and resubbed with the new details, and I wanted to clarify that I had done so as I was going on holiday and did not need two boxes arriving in my absence. I got a reply confirming that my first subscription had been cancelled...

Well, I tempted fate didn't I?! One evening while eating dinner in Florida, I received my text from my mum saying that two Glossy Boxes had arrived for me. Jesus wept. I checked my bank account online, to discover that I had been charged twice. I was not a happy bunny. I emailed Glossy Box and asked for a refund as soon as possible, as I had received two boxes despite my email explaining the failed payment, unsubbing and resubbing! I offered to return the extra box if necessary. I got a response quite quickly, apologising for the mistake, confirming that I would be refunded £12.95 and saying that I could keep the extra box that I got due to the mix up.

SO... one for me, and one for mum, containing the exact same items!

(L-R) L'Oréal Professional Mythic Oil, StriVectin SD Eye Concentrate, Plum by Mary Greenwell EDP, HD Brows Kit, Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
I think I will get use out of most of the items, perhaps some more than others but I will definitely give them all a try.  I hope next month's boxes are an all round crowd pleaser as it seems unfair that the boxes are allocated completely at random and some people get larger products than others (even if the monetary value is the same).

Let me know what you thought of this month's Glossy Box!

5 comments:

MissGreenEyes said...

Ooh you got a good one! Would love to know if that oil is any good. They were right to let you keep the second box, that's a bit of a mess when you have to unsubscribe?! Still, 2 for the price of 1, and good ones! Welcome back :)

aprettyobsession said...

Oh well jealous you got the box I wanted haha

daisychain said...

Welcome back lovely! x

Charli said...

Welcome home <3

Hazel said...

Sadly, these things do happen but I often think that it's the way a company deals with a problem that is the true test. The swift refund would have won points for me. Will you be reviewing your items? As you'll see from my latest post, you're a bit of a product inspiration for me!