Saturday, 8 October 2011

Florida Haul: Part 3 - Walmart

I love Walmart! The sheer array of stuff in that supermarket is overwhelming, from food, to clothes, to electronics, to home interiors... and of course, cosmetics. The cosmetics section was huge; the pathetic selection of make up stocked in supermarkets here is laughable in comparison. Plus, most of the items in Walmart were cheaper than what I had already bought in Walgreens! (more fool me!) So here's what I got:

Hard Candy & Pure Ice:
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer - $8.00
Pure Ice nail polishes - $1.97 each
I wanted the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer after seeing it in Yu's swap a while back. So far I am really liking it. It has the usual cream to powder texture, and creates a very even base for foundation. I am trying to use it sparingly as I don't want to use it up too fast!  The nail polishes I just grabbed on a whim, as I liked the colours. I was so let down by 'Heartbreaker' though; it's sheer and totally lacking in pigment. After 4 coats I gave up on applying it. Perhaps over a white polish it will work better. 'Fast Lane' comes out exactly the same colour as in the bottle - beautiful, metallic bronze!


Physicians Formula:
Happy Booster Blush - $10.63
Powder Palette - $12.67
There was such a huge selection of Physician's Formula stuff, it was really hard to restrict myself to these two items! I admit; the aesthetically pleasing element of these swayed me somewhat - just look at them! Gorgeous. Although having said that, all the PF items looked brilliant, and beautifully packaged. The blush is adorable; I love the hearts in different shades of pink. It swirls together to make a lovely, natural pink flush colour. It smells lovely too, but as to whether it would actually affect my mood, I would doubt it. (a naturally grumpy disposition is hard to shift!) Both of these items open further to reveal a mirror and a little brush.


The Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls is another lovely item; adds a light sheen to the skin without looking like a pixie sneezed on you. You can easily build it up if you want more highlight and it can be used on cheeks, temples, brow bone, nose.... basically anywhere, and just make you look glowing as opposed to shiny disco balls.

If I'd had more spending money, I would have done some serious damage in Walmart, I tell you! They also had a great array of make up travel bags which I eyed up but didn't purchase... needless to say, I regret that now! Damn.

5 comments:

daisychain said...

pretty damn envious of your haul!

Caroline said...

I've never been to a Walmart but am sure I'd been in there for hours browsing if I did! Love the look of the blush and mineral glow pearls products you bought, the hearts in the blusher are so cute! x

Sophie - Country girl said...

the blusher and bronzer look amazing! Such great presentation.

Girlwiththeskew-earring said...

Love the 'pixie sneeze' phrase!

very jealous that you got to go to the states. Great Post!

Aimee said...

Love the Physicians Formula stuff! So pretty!!