Sunday, 16 October 2011

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up

For the last few weeks Adrienne of The Sunday Girl has been doing brilliant posts about how she changes her weekly make up. Every Sunday evening, she changes the items in her make up bag for the coming week, which helps make more use out of neglected items, rediscover products and generally prevents getting stuck in a make up rut. I thought this was a fantastic idea! I am a person who tends to stick with favourite products for ages before moving on to something else and forgetting about previous items. So this seems a great movement for me to join!

So, what shall I put in my 'Everyday Make Up' box (a.k.a.: a Glossy Box now used for make up storage) for this week?...


Firstly, there will be some staple items that probably will never change... probably because I only have one of that product! I shall show you these nonetheless, and should they every change I will let you know!

The Invariables:

Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner $6.00 - I got this in Florida as part of my Florida Mall haul. It is a fab little item (when I remember/have time to use it) and helps prevent make up build up on my brushes. It's the only daily brush cleaner I have so will always be in the box.

Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer £6.99 approx. -  The Boots website is selling this for £6.99, but I received mine when I won the Witch Tip of the Day competition on their website. I have almost finished this so I want to use it all up before opening another. I think that this primer definitely creates a barrier between my skin and my foundation to help prevent blemishes. That's not to say it stops them completely, as I still get them, but I think I'd be a lot worse off without this stuff!

HD Eye & Brow Palette Foxy £19.95- I  received in the September Glossy Box, and it is one of two brow kits that I have but it's by far the best, and for that reason it shall be used every day. I love this kit and have used it every day since I opened my Glossy Box!

ELF High Definition Powder £6.00 - currently the only powder I have, as I threw out my pressed powder once I fell in love with this stuff. Works brilliantly to eradicate shiny-face syndrome, and set make up, plus it a total bargain. Win.

Witch Anti-Blemish Liquid Concealer Light £6.99 - I won this concealer in a blog giveaway celebrating the launch of the Witch liquid concealer. Not a bad product, lasts quite well. Is currently the only concealer I have that matches my natural skin tone.

Jane Iredale Lash Extender sample - I received this sample in the August Boudoir Privé box and it's still going strong! A brilliant lash primer that I use nearly every day. Will probably buy a full sized one when this runs out.

MUA Clear Mascara £1.00 - clear mascara, costs £1, that I use to set my brows. Job done, thank you.

ELF Eyelid Primer £1.50 - an eyelid primer that works as well as Urban Decay Primer potion and costs £1.50. Yes please.

OK, now on to that main products that I will be using this week..

The Variables:

MAC Face & Body Foundation C1 $32.50 - I got this in Florida, again, but in sterling I think it's £25.50. It's a great, light coverage foundation that can be built up if needed, and matches my palest of the pale skin very well.

Milani Baked Powder Blush Rose D'Oro $7.49 - Another Florida purchase that I adore. It's a gorgeous pink-peach shade that looks very natural and flattering.

MAC Eye Shadows Dazzlelight, Jest, Woodwinked and Handwritten $11.50 each - I have been quite underwhelmed by these eye shadows, to be honest, so I am trying to use this quad and make myself fall in love with it.

L'Oréal Infallible Lipstick Perpetual Peach $7.99 - Yet another USA item, haha! A long lasting lipstick that is great for work as it requires few top ups.

Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara £14.85 - I got this mascara in the August Glossy Box and opened it by accident. I didn't think much of it, and haven't used it since so I best make some use of it, otherwise it will be a complete waste.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyeliner 23L $18 - A beautiful shimmery champagne colour that helps brighten up my eyes a bit. Much needed when you have 6am starts.


So, that is what make up I will be using this week! I can't wait until next Sunday to put together my next box!

10 comments:

SadeeStyle said...

Omg i can see the MAC golden color very beautiful haul

Caroline said...

This is a great idea, I'm guilty of forgetting about products and always using the same few! I really want to try the ELF HD powder! x

Sophie - Country girl said...

You have such a great collection. I have such a pitiful selection to play with *sighs*
Oh and I have to add I have really come round to love the Jane Iredale lash extender, once I started using it properly. Mine is still good too, its lasting longer than I expected.

Charlotte said...

This is such a good idea! I really want to try the Witch primer now and the elf primer as I'm using the UD "Primer Potion" but at £1.50 this sounds amazing! xx

confessionsofamakeupaholic said...

Love the look of the baked blusher, such a pretty colour :)

MakeupbyNix said...

This is such a good idea! I go through phases of using certain products, switching them up and then getting stuck in that rut for a bit, then switching...and so on. So I think this will help me to create new looks with all my products on a shorter cycle. It will force me to think of new ways to wear the products too! Shall have to do this :)

MakeupbyNix said...

I have mentioned you in my blog post as I was inspired to start doing this too! http://therumourmusings.blogspot.com/2011/10/make-up-shake-up.html

emmasharman said...

Loving all the gorgeous, deluxe products!

http://hushed-secrets.blogspot.com/

Em xx

kirstyb said...

that is a fab idea - maybe i will try that x

Hazel said...

I like this idea - I use the same products day and night - I just wear more of the same things to create an evening effect - so lazy!
I like the sound of the elf eyelid primer especially at £1.50! Where would I find one of these?
x