Sunday, 23 October 2011

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up

Sunday night again? Yikes!

As you may recall from last week's post, every Sunday I am doing a 'shake up' of my every day make up box, so that I get more use out of my make up products, and to prevent me getting stuck in a rut! As inspired by Sunday Girl, Adrienne.

So while my "Invariable" items are all the same as last week, here are the variable items I've picked for this week:

ELF Studio Flawless Finish Foundation Porcelain £6.50 - I haven't thought much of this foundation, to be honest, but I need to make more use of it as I hate to waste things. I find it a bit sticky, and don't think it has great staying power, but I'm hoping that plenty of primer and powder will help it along.


MUA Pro Eye Shadow Palette Starry Night £4.00 - I have barely used this palette since I bought it so I really want to make more use of it. Not natural shades, which I usually go for, but hopefully I can do something with these. I realised today that the hinges of this have broken... whoops.




Vivo Blush & Highlighter Duo Sugar Candy £2.39 - A great budget beauty buy. A lovely pink colour and a subtle shimmery highlight all in one.




Collection 2000 Cream Puff Powder Puff £2.99 - A lovely matte lip colour that smells like cake. This shade is a peachy, nude colour and I have sorely neglected it recently.


NYC High Definition Mascara Black £1.99 - Another decent budget item. This mascara has a plastic comb wand that really helps separate and definite lashes. It has lasted me a long time too and hasn't dried up or went clumpy at all.

Studio Makeup Liner Styler Black Pen £12 - I only received this yesterday in my October Boudoir Privé box, and quite like the idea of how easy it should be (in theory) to use. Handy for early mornings.


So that's this week's make up sorted!



I have noticed a few more people are doing it too which is great! If you do it too, just leave your link in the comments, I'd love to see what you're using this week. Don't forget to check out Adrienne's post!

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great picks :) the vivo blush duo looks lovely I wish my local tesco wasn't just a glorified corner shop! You are too organised keeping it all in a box..brilliant haha! x

Paperbacks and Postcards said...

A great selection! I think I'm going to start doing this next week as I have so many products that I don't use! xx

Caroline said...

That blush/highlighter duo looks great, I wish my tesco had them! x

Monday Receptionist said...

Gutted to read that you don't rate the ELF foundation...I just ordered it, doh!x

Sophie - Country girl said...

I'm looking forward to trying the eyeliner although I know my unsteady hand will not make it easy.

cornflakegirl said...

I love this idea so might start doing it next week.

High Definition is my fav daytime mascara, I'm on my second tube.

Misseblog said...

Thats a brilliant idea!!! Gonna try it :) xx

fluff and fripperies said...

I love that Cream Puff colour, I am wearing it RIGHT NOW! These posts are fab x

Raz said...

This is a brilliant idea - I definitely always reach for the same products and it's good to experiment with other stuff I have lying around. The blush looks really nice too.

VulcanEars said...

Great idea - i sort of do this at the moment. I choose a couple of each item and have to use them till i hit pan (its sort of a use it up scheme too).
Think i might give this a go as it would be more interesting if i could change the items every week.

Great blog, only just found it today but have found many useful posts :)