Monday, 28 November 2011

Budget Beauty Buy - Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser

I had just repurchased this today, when I got home and, during my blog reading, saw Leanne Marie's post about products that she always repurchases. So I thought it was a sign to finally share this product with you!


I am now on my third tube of this; I have not purchased any other face cleanser since I first bought this in August. (Well, aside from my Murad Cleanser, but I use both products every day; one does not replace the other)

This is, essentially, a knock-off of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. The consistency is basically the exact same, thick, creamy and luxurious. This smells different though; you can really smell Cocoa and Shea butter from this, but it is not overpowering. I find it very pleasant.

The product comes in a box with a muslin cloth and a huge 200ml tube of cleanser, which lasts me about 2 months give or take a few days. When it seems to be finished, I then cut the tube in half and there's usually at least enough for 2 or 3 more uses still in it, so there is minimum product wastage. If you're thrifty like me, that is!

Although this only comes in the 'Normal to Dry' skin variety I would say that this is suitable of most skin types (I consider myself as having sensitive, combination skin). This does not aggravate my face at all, which is brilliant, and the muslin cloth gently exfoliates without being too harsh.

The cloths are easy to wash - just stick them in the washing machine every few days and they come out spotless. After using my new cloth today it made me realise that the cloths do get a bit worn after a while and so become less exfoliating, but if you're repurchasing this regularly, like I have been, you have a supply of new cloths coming in anyway. It would be good if you could buy the cloths separately though.

One of the best (if slightly confusing) points about this, is the price - I bought this in August for it's usual price of £3.99. When I repurchased in October, I couldn't believe it had went up to £5.99! Still not going to break the bank, but I thought £2 was a substantial increase in such a small space of time. However, I bought my new one today in Superdrug on offer for £2.99! This was advertised as 'Save £1' so it would seem that it is back to it's starting price of £3.99? I won't complain, but I am baffled slightly!

All in all, I think that this is a brilliant budget alternative to high end hot cloth cleansers like Liz Earle, which are fantastic for a luxurious treat but perhaps not an affordable everyday option for everyone.

Have you tried this hot cloth cleanser? Any explanations about the price going haywire?! Let me know your thoughts.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a great product, I'm always looking for new skin products to try, great price too. I'll def be hunting this down in my local :) x

cornflakegirl said...

I've tried this cleanser but sadly after a week of use I suffered a massive outbreak so it seems it's just another in the long line of products that my stupid skin reacts badly too, boo.

Karen said...

Heard great things about this and keep forgetting to pick it up when I go to Superdrug, great review, have to add it to my list :)

Sophie - Country girl said...

I've not tried anything like this before but it sounds like great value, even at it's highest price.

Caroline said...

This sounds like a great product, I'm definitely tempted to give it a try at that price! x

Heather said...

I'd love to try this! I can't bring myself to spend so much money on Liz Earle products...does this really have the same effect?? and for so cheap?!
xxxx


http://heather226.blogspot.com

Gemma-Louise said...

I bought this after my Liz Earle ran out...deffo a knock off! It's good for the price but Liz Earle is more sensitive I think. G x

Sara said...

Oh I saw your tweet about this and the confusing pricing. I was well tempted to buy it but after Cornflake Girl's comments about a breakout I think I should stay well clear. My ridiculously sensitive skin breaks out at the sniff of something new. :(