Wednesday, 16 November 2011

For Christmas I DON'T Want Body Products


The above photo is the selection of body butters, lotions and sprays that I currently own. Some have been in my possession, and remain unused, since I got them last Christmas! (Stop singing Wham! Right now.) I was inspired to dig them all out and do this post after reading Sarah's blog post about her build up of products. I need to make a dent in these before this Christmas, at least...

Ted Baker products:
(L-R) Body Soufflé, Body Lotion, 2 x Body Sprays
I got these in a HUGE Ted Baker gift set from my then-boss and his wife at Christmas. They smell lovely, though quite perfumed for some, and they are massive. I think the lotion and soufflé are about 300mls each! I must use these up, or it would be such a waste.

Body Butters:
(Clockwise from top left) The Body Shop 'Dreams Unlimited' Body Butter, The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter, Soap & Glory 'The Righteous Butter'
I have blogged about the Dreams Unlimited body butter previously, here. It was a magazine freebie I got back in May. I used a small amount and it was the strong scent, plus the lack of absorbency, that put me off in the end and it has been hanging around in a drawer since. The Coconut one smells lovely, and I like the consistency of these body butters, but I really can't stand it when products don't sink in quickly, which is the case with these. I love the Soap & Glory Righteous Butter, it's one of my favourites, and I want to save this! Even though I've had it in a gift set since my birthday in April!

FCUK:
(L-R) FCUK Pure Body Lotion, FCUK Pure Body Spray
Again, I think I received these in a gift set at Christmas. There was also a shower gel, which I've used, and a body scrub, which I am currently using. I am also currently using both of these and they smell beautiful. I put them on a night and still smell it on my skin the next morning. I adore these and will definitely repurchase these in the future!
Randoms:
(L-R) Avon Planet Spa Illuminating Body Lotion Japanese Sake and Rice, Nivea Body Moisturiser, Korres Quince Body Butter, 'Nina' by Nina Ricci Body Lotion.
The Avon stuff looks lovely, and is definitely shimmery and gives the skin a lovely glow, but I cannot stand the smell of the stuff. There is nothing pleasant about it as far as I am concerned, so I don't know how much I will use it to be honest. The Nivea lotion is almost done, it's grand, no great shakes but very moisturising. I received the Korres Quince Body Butter in a recent Glossy Box and it seems great so I am looking forward to using it. Finally, the Nina by Nina Ricci lotion came as part of a perfume set at Christmas. The perfume is one of my favourites, so I don't know why I haven't bothered with this. I suppose it's because, in general, I don't think that the lotions that come in perfume gift sets are that great!

That was a lot of body products in one post! Does this product overload happen to you? Wish me luck trying to get through them all!

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Haha I will NEVER stop singing last christmas it's one of my favourite songs..true story! But yeah why do people feel the need to give us ladies so many body lotions come crimbo, it could be worse though lads accumulate Lynx gift sets haha! x

World Of Beauty said...

ha I have warned my family too, i have a drawer full of lotions, body butters, shower gels that i will probably never use!! x

Nicola said...

i dont mind shower gels but lotions i dont use the amount i get and i have quite dry skin so tend to use the same thing all the time and dont use the perfumed ones!

princesstinks.blogspot.com

Funny Little Frog said...

I say this every year! partly because the products build up but also because I think it's quite thoughtless to buy someone toiletries which they've probably just rushed into Boots and got a 3 for 2 on. Not that I'm ungrateful because I will use them but it excites me to pick a gift for someone which I think they'll love, so I assume everyone should be the same, but I guess they aren't xxx

Black Cat said...

I have lots of this products, but I don't ind it because I love to using them all XD

MissGreenEyes said...

I seem to have a problem in that I love getting body products - the more the merrier - but I don't actually use them all. It's the hoarder in me, I like lots of pretty things to look at but I have to STOP buying body stuff! Case in point - the Soap & Glory offer from Boots last year. I only used about 3 things out of the bag, and am still dying to know what they'll have on offer this Christmas. I think I just need to stay away from pharmacies until January!

Sophie - Country girl said...

I love getting nice showergels but I have loads of bubblebath bottles cos I never have baths! I really don't use moisturisors or body butter much and I'm getting a heck of a backlog.

Gemma-Louise said...

I am trying to do the same thing before Xmas. It's so ridic! I have many a Ted Baker lying about....ooops!

Sara said...

Ah I'm almost out of body moisturiser..send them my way ;)
I'd rather not get Christmas presents that are just generic body products though. I always try to put a little more thought into what I buy people.

Omar Faruq said...

Body Butter is great to keep on hand for all-day use. I keep a pump of it in the bathroom and use it all the time, especially after washing my hands. To get more body butter visit: www.vegantreeowl.com.au