Tuesday, 29 November 2011

NOTD: Catrice 'Iron Mermaiden'

I mentioned in a previous post, that my mum recently went to Sligo, and brought me back some goodies. I asked for Essence and Catrice nail polish, and this is what she kindly got for me...


The first one I gravitated towards was Iron Mermaiden. I had actually seen this before on Lorraine's blog and loved it - but couldn't remember the name to tell my mum! So I just asked her to keep an eye out for any duo-chrome colours. Mum did good!


I also love the name, I think it sums this polish up perfectly. The colour in the bottle is absolutely stunning.


I had a slight mishap with mine though - this has now happened twice when trying to open the bottle...


... what's all that about? Hmmm. Anyways, other than that I adore this polish, The brush is standard but decent, not to thin, and the while the polish is slightly sheer at first, I found 2 coats sufficient.


In natural light...


... and indoor lighting on a dark November evening:


I believe that my mum paid around 2.79 euro for this, which is a bloody bargain if you ask me. I was sad to take this colour off! I am becoming increasingly jealous of the availability of this in ROI, but not in the UK. Strange, as it seems to be available in basically all of the EU.... hmm!

6 comments:

Sophie - Country girl said...

love how it looks so different in each light. Great price too!

Sara said...

Wow this is so pretty! Reminds me a bit of one of the OPI Katy Perry polishes, which was gorge. Total wench to try and photograph though :/ Can't believe this was less than £3 - bargain!

FitznBitz said...

Oh my god I HATE when that happens with anil varnish lids!! Grrr!! You've great nails!

Dawniepants said...

Ooooo I like that it's so sheer!

MissGreenEyes said...

This polish is great, Essence have one called Where Is The Party that's not too dissimilar either. I love the coverage of Catrice polishes!

Black Cat said...

love this your nailpolishes!

http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/