Wednesday, 14 December 2011

MUA Immaculate Collection Palette - Swatches & Urban Decay Dupes

*Warning - Picture Heavy!*


You may or may not know my love of the other MUA Pro palettes that I have - namely Heaven & Earth and Starry Night. MUA products are such a bargain, and fantastic quality for the price, you really can't go wrong. I had read several blog posts about their newest release, the Immaculate Collection Palette, and was itching to get my hands on it, however the Castlecourt Superdrug failed me miserably. No sign of it. Then a few weeks ago, MUA announced that they had just launched their new website, where you could buy all their products online. Well, someone should have been there to stop me and talk sense, but alas, there was no one...




Let's be honest here, I really didn't need this palette. I have more eye shadows than you can shake a stick at, but at £8.00 for 24 eye shadows, why not? Plus, there was an offer - spend £8 and get an Immaculate Collection Palette free! So I actually got two for £8.

Unlike the smaller palettes, this one has the shades numbered on the back. Perhaps not a necessity for everyday use, but very useful for bloggers!




1, 2, 3, 4
5, 6, 7, 8
9, 10, 11, 12
13, 14, 15, 16
17, 18, 19, 20
21, 22, 23, 24
As you can see, some of the shadows are more pigmented than others. The frosty, shimmery shades are much brighter and easier to work with, while the mattes are a bit disappointing. At the end of the day though, for £8 I think it is still good value for money.

I would go so far as to say that some of the shades in the Immaculate Collection are very similar to some of the shades in the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette. While swatching them, the UD shadows were superior for pigmentation, however there is no denying the similarity of the shades...








Do you have the Immaculate Collection? I think it is a handy little addition to any make up collection, especially for the beautiful colours and the bargain price.

10 comments:

Melanie said...

This is such a gorgeous palette, and such an amazing price! And some of the dupes really are amazing, it's hard to tell the difference! xx

Sophie - Country girl said...

they really are some gorgeous colours, it is such good value.

Leanne Woodfull said...

Wow, those dupes are amaze!

Dawniepants said...

It certainly does seem to be a really clear dupe, handy though! and great value

Black Cat said...

this is great colours!

http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/

Ruqaiya Khan said...

WOW!! Thats a gorgeous one!! Thanks for sharing <3
www.ruqaiyakhan.com

cornflakegirl said...

The colours look great and the dupes are pretty close too.

daisychain said...

I was very tempted by this on my lunch break today, verrry tempted!

Sara said...

wowza. Have never tried MUA palettes, but have heard great things about them. Does Castle Court Superdrug not have any of the palettes? I vote we start a campaign!

Tereza said...

Not even jokin, this is the best palette from drugstores ever!:)I use it every day! xx