Saturday, 10 December 2011

My Blog's 1st Birthday!

I have a bit of a funny memory for dates - when I was studying for my History exams in school, I was utterly hopeless, but the smallest dates in real life, I tend to remember with strange accuracy. Thus, I certainly remember that I created my blog on 10th December 2010.


I'm not sure whereabouts my blog's creation falls in the grand scheme of things, but I am truly shocked and so 
immensely grateful for all that has happened with my blog in the last year...


 the followers I have gained (292 as of today, amazing!)
 how much my writing and photography skills have improved (always room for further improvement, mind)
 the opportunities that have arisen as as result of blogging (e.g.: meeting other NI blogger ladies at the meet up) 
 all the lovely, friendly, supportive people I have met along the way thanks to my blog, their blogs, and the powerful force that is Twitter!

To everyone who has ever read my waffle, left a comment, tweeted me, and generally played a part in the last year of blogging - I sincerely thank you ♥

I will be having a celebratory giveaway for my blog's birthday, but probably after Christmas, as there seems to be a lot of Christmas themed giveaways out there at the minute! So keep your eyes out for that.

Apart from that, these two items arrived from Avon for me on Thursday, when I thought I was on my deathbed post-wisdom tooth removal. I was lying in my bed in agony with a mouthful of blood when the Avon lady called by, and so I didn't get a look at these items until last night, when I was feeling slightly better. Can I have bought blog birthday presents for myself?!...


I got a necklace and a lipstick. As it turns out, the lipstick seems to have been discontinued, hence why it was on sale at £3.00. Now I am in love with it of course. Story of my life lately or what? Very annoyed now!
Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick - Luxurious Blush



I also got this Zodiac necklace, as I am slightly obsessed with horoscopes and the Zodiac. I don't wear much red, but as I am an Aries, and it's a Fire sign, I couldn't do much about it! Thankfully, it is lovely, and was only £5.00.


Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy blog birthday! :) x

World Of Beauty said...

happy 1st blog birthday!xx

xXxStundonxXx said...

Happy blog birthday :)

That lipstick looks amazing and the necklace is very cute. I'm an Aries too x

cornflakegirl said...

Happy Blog Birthday.

That necklace is gorgeous.

Please may I? said...

Happy Blog Birthday to you!

I think a nice slice of cake should be in order to go with your blog birthday presents.

X x

Black Cat said...

happy b-day!!!!!

http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/

daisychain said...

Happy blog birthday! xo

MissGreenEyes said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Love the lipstick and the necklace, both gorgeous x

MSodapop said...

Happy blog birthday/anniversary!
The lipstick looks gorgeous!

Vicky Ayles said...

Happy Blog Birthday Lovely xx

Girlwiththeskew-earring said...

Happy Birthday Blog! I really look forward to reading your posts, so thanks for keeping me interested and entertained.

Merry Christmas Hun!

Sophie - Country girl said...

happy blog birthday!
You've done really well and long may your success continue :)