Sunday, 4 December 2011

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up #8


Terrifyingly, it's week 8!! I cannot believe I've basically been doing this for two months now. Wow. I think this week's selection will not get much use past Wednesday though, as on Thursday I'm getting a wisdom tooth out, so will be spending at least 2 days with a swollen face, spitting blood and generally feeling very sorry for myself. Lovely! Here is what I am going to try to use before that wondrous occasion!



MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 - This will be my foundation again this week! If it ain't broke, don't fix it and all that. This has done wonders at hiding the hyper-pigmentation left behind from the awful spots I had recently. So although the spots are gone, red marks remain but the SFF covers them brilliantly.

Catrice Multi-Colour Compact Powder 020 Sand Beige - I have been using this powder as a contouring shade and I really like it. I may not have time for this everyday at 6am, but just in case I do, I've put it in! I have a post about this compact here.


NYC Blushable Crème Stick Big Apple Blush I used this NYC cream blush stick last week, and I really like it! I basically do a stripe up each cheek with this and then blend it out. It gives a rosy, natural pink flush of colour, with a bit of sheen too.

Lumiere Cosmetics Mineral Blush Autumn - Another sample mineral blush from Lumiere Cosmetics. I used Poppy last week over the cream blush to 'set' it and absolutely loved it, so this week I am trying the Autumn shade. While Poppy is matte, this one is slightly more dusky pink with some sheen/shimmer to it, which should be a great winter colour.




NYC High Definition Mascara - I've said plenty about this mascara in previous posts, but it's one of my favourites and great value.

NYC Colour Wheel Eye Mosiac Powder Pink Cadillac - I rarely use this, even though the colours are really nice, so about time to make some use out of it!

S-he Stylezone Eyeshadow Trio - This doesn't have a name but I really like the shades and it's a great little item for taking in your handbag.


Avon Colour Rich Lipstick Pout - A very wearable pink lipstick, that I got for about £3 from Avon a while ago. I think it smells quite fruity, which is nice, and as it is quite sheer it can be very natural, or built up for heavier colour.

NYC Kiss Gloss Murray Hill Melon - Quite simply a shiny gloss with a hint of pink.

NYC Lippin' Large Lip Plumper Plum Tart - I have this in my selection again this week as I really like it! Natural colour, reflects the light to give the illusion of a fuller pout, and it's quite minty too.

So that is my selection of products for week 8. I will enjoy them while I can, as come Thursday I don't think I'll feel like touching my face at all, even to apply make up! Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Black Cat said...

good like with wisdom tooth!!

i'm suprized abouth this S-he stylezone eyeshadows, i have in blue/tirq... how pigmented they are!

I really love tis your posts!

<3

Dawniepants said...

Oh flip hope the wisdom tooth isn't too bad! I'm really looking forward to trying the Lumiere cosmetics! they look so beautifully pigmented!