Saturday, 31 December 2011

Top Products of 2011

In my 'Top Products' of the year post, I have only chosen products that I used regularly, if not religiously, throughout the year. I can see me using them all for many moons to come, too! It will be a long post, so to read it all, just click on "Read More"...



1. Batiste Dry Shampoo - I try to only wash my hair every 2-3 days, as if I wash it too often it gets very dry and stripped of shine. My hair is also very fine and gets greasy quickly, so for the inbetween-washes days, Batiste dry shampoo is a life saver. I have tried many of the scents, and also the 'nude' loose powder and XXL volume varieties, and like them all except the XXL one. Necessity in my routine!

2. Hair Oil - Although I have pictured my L'Oréal Mythic Oil, it is not my favourite out of the oils I have have tried so far. It is still fine and does a good job, but I much preferred the VO5 Miracle Concentrate. That said though, this one is still nice and is lasting for ages, so is good value. Hair oil has made my fine, flyaway hair more more smooth, soft, shiny and manageable. I will definitely continue to use them as part of my hair care.

3. Schwarzkopf Got2B Glued Blasting Freeze Spray - This is one of the best hairsprays for my hair. It holds curls in my hair for longer than any other, therefore, it's a favourite.


Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush - This was without a doubt my most used foundation brush this year. Buffs and blends foundation like a dream and also has survived every wash perfectly, no shedding so far. Will be using this forever!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - I have really liked this foundation, mainly for when I am tanned as it matches me a bit better then. Lovely coverage, smells nice, and isn't too bad price wise at £9.99. I am considering buying the paler shade too.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 - This was always going to be a favourite - I have been using and loving SFF for about 6 years now! It was the first MAC product I ever bought, and I have repurchased it time and time again. However this year, finally, I found my perfect shade in NC15, which matches my natural, untanned, pale skin wonderfully. Great coverage and longevity, and a bottle of this also lasts me for a good while too. In the words of Whitney Houston "I-iiiiiiiiii, will always love youuuuu"


ELF High Definition Powder - I think I bought this around May or June, and I have used it pretty much every single day since then! My tub is yet to run out, and it was £6 from the eyeslipsface website! Total bargain, and again, I think I will continue to purchase this for the foreseeable future.

MeMeMe Beat The Blues Moonbeam Highlighter - This stuff, as with most of my favourites, is a bargain for those on a budget! Very similar to Benefit's Highbeam highlighter, but much more affordable at £5.25, it does what it says on the tin and has lasted me for ages. I still have over 3 quarters of this left despite owning it for months.

Collection2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - It's difficult to find a decent budget concealer, but this one started doing the rounds on blogs this year and when I bought it, I could see why. It isn't perfect - it's easy to inadvertently use too much, and end up a bit cakey under the eyes, but nonetheless, it does a great job at brightening dark circles and covering blemishes. Let's be realistic; the '16 hours wear' claim is ridiculous; I don't think any concealer could do that, and unless you're partying like a boss on a regular basis, no one needs to go 16 hours without either removing or topping up make up!


Urban Decay Naked Palette - I treated myself to this bad boy in May, and felt immense post-product-indulgence guilt, but I have used this palette SO much, and will continue to do so, thus it has been more than worth it. Twelve shadows, verging between light and dark neutrals, plus a grey and black for smokey eye looks. I highly recommend this palette; it is an investment!

MUA Pro Heaven & Earth Palette - A bit like the baby sister of the Naked Palette, and perfect for those on a budget. Has been extremely handy for taking in my handbag to work, and is also my most well-travelled palette as it accompanied me to the USA, and was more than adequate for a week away. For £4 I really cannot fault it.

HD Brow Palette - I got this in a Glossy Box, and to be honest, would never have thought of buying this otherwise. I now love it, although it seems a bit daft having 4 shades in the one kit, as I only need and use one. Not cheap at £19.95 but is something I will consider purchasing myself when this one hits pan.

Avon Supershock Mascara - I think this was my favourite mascara of the year, as I love the brush and the formula. It separated my lashes well without clumping, and was good value at about £5. Would buy it in the future.

NYC High Definition Mascara - I got this from NYC Cosmetics to try, and I am very glad that I did. It is a great budget mascara at £3.99, and apart from getting a bit clumpy after 2 coats, is still a no brainer for everyday wear. A handy one to have in any make up bag for emergencies or everyday use.

Urban Decay Primer Potion - I got this small one with my Naked Palette, and it is a great base for eye make up. Evens out skin tone and helps eyeshadow last for hours without creasing. Great for nights out or long days! Stupid shaped packaging, but this has thankfully now been rectified. Not the cheapest but a nice luxury buy.

ELF Eyelid Primer - My everyday eye primer of choice. A steal at £1.50, does just as good a job as the Urban Decay one, although the UD version might give you a few hours more wear from your make up.


NYC Liquid Lipshine - These lipglosses are really lovely - they smell a bit like vanilla/cake, have a good range of colours, and provide a great shine to the lips without being overly sticky or slippery. Cheap too! Great for having in the aul' handbag.

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick Creme D'Nude - This won't be the shade for everyone, but as I am so pale, this is a fantastic nude lipstick for me. Opaque, creamy and smells delicious. Will definitely repurchase.


Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser - I have been repurchasing this faithfully since August, and will continue to do so. A thick, creamy cleanser and muslin cloth for £3.99. It is easy to use and leaves my skin soft and feeling really clean. A firm favourite in my face routine now.

Clean & Clear Dual Action Oil Free Moisturiser - I have been using this for a good while now - over 6 months I think, and have repurchased it several times. I have found it good for my combination skin, to help provide moisture without causing oiliness.

Boots Essentials Eye Make-up Remover Gel - This is now - I think I can say - my Holy Grail eye make up remover! I first bought this in January I think, and finally ran out in November! At £1.52 that is value for money! It is very gentle on the eye area, and removes even waterproof mascara thoroughly without any hassle. Will continue to buy, forever and ever amen.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter - I adore this body butter! The scent, the texture, and how moisturised my skin feels when using it. As someone who doesn't like the feel of greasy creams on my skin, this sinks in well and doesn't leave me feeling like a greased up wrestler.

Nina by Nina Ricci - This has been my favourite perfume for about four years now and it still is! There is nothing I don't like about it. I love the cute apple shaped bottle, and the gorgeous, light, sweet fragrance. Beautiful.

What have your favourite products been this year?! I hope you have all had a good one, and have an even better 2012! :D xxxx

6 comments:

Victoria said...

ive got a few of these products and definitely agree with what you're saying! great list, it's funny, with all the faves of 2011 ive been seeing the same products, nakde palette.. hot cloth cleanser.. im excited to see what we'll all be loving in 2012!

Melanie Davies said...

Definitely agree with Batiste, Naked palette and Nina Ricca perfume :) Have a lovely new year xx

Emma said...

I agree with so many of these, great choice of products and a great post! Happy new year!

xxx

Sophie - Country girl said...

Batiste has been a revelation for me this year. I use the clean and clear moisturisor too, wish it wouldn't tingle so much.

tinkerbelldani said...

OOO we share some same faves :) thank you for this post also, will be buying that moist :) xox

Hazel said...

I love the elf eyelid primer and the vo5 miracle concentrate. I love boots 17 bb cream, I only started using this recently but I know I'll use it for a long time to come!