Wednesday, 11 January 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen DVD

No matter how hard I try, no photograph truly captures the true colour of DVD! It looks so lavender/lilac/blue in these, but in reality it is a deeper purple with blue sheen running through it, almost leaning turquoise, depending on the light.


The polish itself is easy to apply, neither watery nor thick. This was two coats but three would ensure optimum coverage. It is a pain to remove though. I also added some gems to the tip of my ring finger nails for some extra sparkle, but I think that they actually look better in these photos than they did in person; as the polish seems darker in real life the gems didn't go very well.


I picked this polish up in the States for around $7 or $8, and sadly I don't think they're available in the UK... eBay, perhaps? It really is a stunner!


7 comments:

dinoprincesschar said...

looks like a really pretty colour! :)

fluff and fripperies said...

I'm a big fan of Sally Hansen polishes but have never seen these High Definition ones. Pretty sure we don't get them in Ireland either :(

The Agoraphobic Fashionista said...

That looks so pretty! And I love what you've done with your accent nail! Must try something like that :D x

daisychain said...

that is such a beautiful colour! x

Caroline said...

It looks like a lovely shade :) x

Charlotte said...

Gorgeous nail polish and I love the gems on the one finger, don't think I'd have the patience to do that haha! X

Sara said...

Waaa I need this. Gorge gorge gorge xxx