Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up #12

It may not be Sunday any more, but I only got home from London at 10pm on Sunday night, and slept til 2.30pm Monday afternoon - sign of a good, if sleepless, weekend I think! Onwards with this week's selection!



MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Moisturising Facebase - I purchased this after trying the sample I received in December's Glossy Box. In all seriousness, I may have primarily purchased this for the scent alone - it is zesty and fruity, like oranges and lemons! Love! It also leaves your face moisturised, refreshed and primed for make up, so I thought I should save my Hard Candy primer and use this instead. It is normally £15, which isn't that cheap for a drugstore brand, but I used the £5 discount code from the Glossy Box.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 51 Light Vanilla - I am almost out of my other bottle so I bought 3 more, one in shade 51 and one in shade 52!

ELF Blush Peachy Keen - Not the most pigmented of blushes but severely neglected of late so I felt sorry for it.


Avon Magnify Mascara - I won this mascara in Hazel's giveaway a while ago and I really like it for every day wear! The thin brush is great for lower lashes too.

No. 7 Palette - This eyeshadow palette was part of a No.7 gift set my aunt and uncle got me for Christmas. The colours are slightly outside my comfort zone for every day use but expanding my make up horizons can only be a good thing!


Avon Rose Gold Lipstick Luxurious Blush - I just really like this colour and wanted to use it again!

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker - This came in my big Soap & Glory gift set, and is so weird! Very strange and  feels more fizzy than tingly on the lips, but nice and natural colour.

Cargo Lipgloss Serengeti - This also came in a previous Glossy Box and I haven't used it yet. The colour payoff isn't great but it's a handy size for travel and provides a bit of shimmer.

So that is what I will be using this week! I hope you all had a good weekend. I have had a rather mixed few days; on Thursday I was offered a new job, which I quickly accepted! I start next month and cannot wait! No more 6am starts and I will be 35miles closer to home - I may get my life back! However, that evening my BlackBerry was stolen from work, which I was very angry and upset about. Really put the nail in the coffin. I will miss being so close to the shops in Belfast, though!

I was then up at 5am on Saturday morning to drive 45 miles to the airport, got a flight to Stansted and a  bus into central London. Met my friends, watched Shrek the Musical (which was amazing!), had drinks and Korean food, went to the Ice Bar (also amazing!) and ended up in a bar in Soho which we feared was some sort of free love commune... it was all fun though. I then got a quick visit to the London Eye on Sunday before trying and failing to eat lunch (cocktail over-indulgence) and then trekking back to Stansted, flying back and driving home. Phew!


9 comments:

Black Cat said...

Palette looks interesting :))

Ms Bubu said...

Oooh I love Bourjois Healthy Mix as well! I like the look of the palette! It might be out of your comfort zone, but I thing they are easily wearable... tell us what you think!

Charlotte said...

Congrats on your new job! :D
Love the look of that lipstick and the eyeshadow palette! X

Sophie - Country girl said...

get you and your fancy weekend!
It sounds like you had a great time :)

Belle du Brighton said...

busy weekend! Is the ice bar worth it? I've been told good and bad things! xx

Dawniepants said...

That looks so much fun! So so glad you've been offered a new job I know the other one was getting to you so badly!
I also have healthy mix, but it's the serum, have you tried it?
I really wanna go to the ice bar now...

dp
x

Belfast Blogger said...

Just had to comment to say I found you through your YouTube channel- I literally got so excited when I saw there was a Northern Irish beauty vlogger! I've been watching youtube videos for so long but never came across anyone from here on there, nice to hear our wee accent! :) Love you videos and your blog. Cat xo

mcmademoisellelikes said...

I have the origigan clear Soap & Glory Motherplucker, I have to admit that whilst it doesn't really plump my lips, I keep using it for the smell and the weird sensation on the lips!

Craig L.Townson said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Sunex Spanner Socket - 1/2in. Drive, Model# 10004