Sunday, 22 January 2012

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up #14

I only have one repeat from last week's products in my selection today, other than that, it's all things I haven't used in a while...



MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 - I changed from my Healthy Mix this week as I had some issues with it clinging to a dry patch on my nose last week... I didn't have a dry patch until I used the foundation and it took a while to shift it even with extra exfoliating and moisturising. Annoying!

NYC Blushable Creme Stick Big Apple Blush - This is the only product I am using again this week, as my make up course so far has really showed that using a cream blush under powder blush really ensures that it lasts, which I need it to!

VIVO Blush with Highlighter Duo Pink Primrose - A brilliant budget blush! The pink looks so bright in the pan but just adds a natural warm glow to the cheeks. The highlighter is decent too, and used on its own works well on the browbone and on top of cheekbones. Or when feeling lazy just swirl the brush in both and you're sorted!


MAC eyeshadow quad Dazzlelight, Jest, Woodwinked, Handwritten - I am just going to be honest here; this MAC quad I got in September has barely been used as, frankly, I was really disappointed with the pigmentation and texture of the shadows. Sacriliege? Perhaps, but they were my first MAC shadows and I was expecting big things after seeing how crazy bloggers and YouTubers are about them, and then was totally let down. However, on my course we have actually used Jest in nearly every look so far, so I am going to persist with these.

Avon Supershock Mascara - This could be the old Supershock's swan song outing; it's a bit too dry now! *sob*

L'Oréal Infallible Lipstick Perpetual Peach - A warm orange toned peach that isn't too scary for everyday wear. It is rather long lasting, too, as the name would suggest.

NYC Liquid Lip Shine Brighton Beach Peach - It's peachy lip products all round this week! I really do like the NYC glosses; lovely colours and not sticky at all. Definitely going to stock up on them.

I hope you all have had a great weekend. This week is my last full week in work -YAY! No doubt it will drag as a result though, and I as of yet have no idea what my new job will entail.

I have been enjoying my make up course a lot, and am getting immensely excited to get started on a new venture! Next Saturday we are doing Brows and Contouring, and part of our homework was to draw or paint an apple... I think it's to make you look at light vs shade? Any other explanations welcome! I spent an hour this evening doing it, so I shall leave you with my picture!

5 comments:

LL said...

I absolutely love Dazzlelight and have nearly finished my first pan, since I wear it nearly every day! Woodwinked didn't do much for me tho, too much like orange for my liking. Hope you enjoy using all these products, great picks! x

Sophie - Country girl said...

I'm really impressed with your apple! It's really good. Glad you are enjoying your make up course x

Heather said...

wow you are definitely the first person i've heard of that talks badly of MAC eyeshadows! I (along with 9485935 other girls) live by them :P Woodwinked is a gorgeous shade :) love the post! xxxx

fluff and fripperies said...

Hope you get on better with your MAC quad this time around... xo

Charlotte said...

Love the look of the Vivo blusher! Your apple looks fab haha I would be useless at any drawing tasks X