Monday, 6 February 2012

January Favourites

I can't remember the last time I did a monthly favourites post! Oh dear, that's shameful. Well, let me show you what I have been enjoying throughout January then...



MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Moisturising Facebase - I really, really like this stuff! The citrus smell might not be to everyone's taste, but I think it smells amazing and sometimes actually crave having a sniff of it! Weird, I know. It's addictive. It sinks in quite fast, leaving skin supple and primed for foundation. I like it as it feels more natural than using a silicone based primer, yet more effective than ordinary moisturiser.


CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara - I bought this in Florida in September and put off opening it until January, but now that it's open, I really like it. It has a fat, spiky wand akin to the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascaras, and a formula that's just the right balance of fluid and thickness.

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner - I picked this up during January when it was on offer in Superdrug for £4.99 instead of the usual £7.99 (it's currently on offer at £5.99 here). I love the formula of this liner; so opaque and it glides on very easily. It stays on for ages too, and can actually be a pain to remove as it's so infallible!


MAC Paint Pot Painterly - I've not had this long, but it is now without doubt my favourite eye shadow base. Nothing else can stand up to the staying power of this stuff!

MAC Eyeshadow Woodwinked - I had never used this shadow much as I found the colour could be quite hard to pair with other shades. I then watched Tanya Burr's everyday make up video and this shadow was given a new lease of life! Fantastic.


Shu Uemura Eylash Curlers Even though I have very round eyes, this still works well on my short, straight lashes. My eyes have never looked so awake! (Don't forget I am giving a pair of these away in my Giveaway!)

Lauren Luke Flat Contour Brush - This is apparently comparable to the MAC 109, but I don't own it so I can't say. This brush is now my favourite contour brush, which surprised me somewhat; I didn't think the shape would be conducive to contouring but it works very well. Currently a bargain price at £5.25 here.

Lauren Luke Pencil Brush - I like this Pencil brush for precise appliction of eyeshadow to the socket line and even for precise blending. Another wee bargain at £3.25 here .

What products have you been loving lately?

4 comments:

Claire Gratzke said...

i'd love to try that MAC paint pot <3 xx

Leanne Woodfull said...

I need Woodwinked haha, saw it on Tanya's tutorial and was like OMGOMGOMG.. I actually want everything in this post haha! Need to pick up Painterly, asap!

Miss LV said...

I have hoodwinked (got it for xmas) and I havent even used it yet (so ashamed) so gonna try it tomorrow! I want the mac paint pot! xxx

www.misslv.com

Kirsty Louise said...

I love MAC paint pots x