Monday, 20 February 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

I was very kindly sent the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish in December, so that I could try out the product and see what I thought. This tube lasted me about 6 or 7 weeks before I could pump no more!

I have been a huge fan of the Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser for six months now, and had been repurchasing it faithfully. When the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish arrived, I couldn't wait to try it and see if there was any substantial difference!

Firs thing's first... the presentation. Obviously, there's a big difference in buying a product in a shop and having one posted to you, but it is still lovely to receive such a nicely wrapped item. It is a very nice touch.


The product comes in a 100ml tube, with a pump, in the trademark Liz Earle muted turquoise colour. I also received two muslin cloths and this little washbag which could be handy for travel. The packaging is chic and sturdy, however it is very difficult to judge how much is left in the tube. Only in the last week or so did I begin to think that it must be running low.


The product itself is lovely; luxurious feeling thick cream, with a really fresh scent from the eucalyptus. You rub the cream on to your face, on top of your make up, massage it around, then use a muslin cloth dampened with hot water to remove the cream, and polish the skin. It leaves the skin very clean and fresh, and mildly exfoliated.

It was great on my sensitive skin, which can be prone to flare ups with new products. I can safely say that my skin loved this stuff! I used it every evening to remove my makeup, and followed it with my Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser (I preferred to remove my eye make up first, although the Cleanse & Polish removes it easily too).  Since using this and my Murad cleanser, my skin has been in the best state I've seen in a while!


So after six weeks of continuous use, the Cleanse & Polish pumped its last pump. Since I finished this about two weeks ago, I have been back to using my Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser, and has my skin changed or went haywire as a result of this change?... Well, no, is the long and the short of it! I have noticed neither more nor less spots since I finished this product, which I believe shows just how similar they are (though obviously not identical, some people may have better results with one than the other).

For me the main point as to whether to repurchase this or not is the price - £13.75 for the Starter Kit, which I believe includes a 100ml tube and two muslin cloths. For me, this price range is definitely in the luxury beauty category. The Superdrug equivalent is 200ml, between £3.99 - £5.99 and - for me - does the same job. However, I do still love the Liz Earle one and will definitely treat myself to it in the future, and look forward to trying other products in their range.

Conclusion - A lovely luxury skincare item which should suit most skin types. Would make a fantastic gift for someone else, or treat for yourself!

Also has been added to my Project Pan page!

7 comments:

Claire said...

I've been using this along with the toner and skin repair light for a couple of weeks now having switched from Superdrug's hot cloth cleanser. I absolutely would not go back! My skin agrees with Liz Earle so much more :) Superdrug's is still good - but for me, not quite as good :)

Sophie - Country girl said...

it does sound a real treat of a product. I've seen several reviews and am thinking of investing myself x

Charli said...

I love both of them although I am so loyal to my C&P I'm on about my 6th or 7th one now xx

Jenny Clark said...

I use this and love it, it feels like moisturiser as well :)
xx
http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

FitznBitz said...

I wana try the Superdrug version if it's so similar! Haven't tried either!

Sara said...

I have the Liz Earle cleanse and polish but think I might try the Superdrug one when it's finished. I'm clearly not too loyal!

LoubouLush said...

I used the Liz Earle one for a while but I think my skin got a bit bored of it (as did I with the whole muslin thing!). I should give the Superdrug one a go though and dust off the old muslin.