Wednesday, 7 March 2012

New Nudes

I have been a fan of MAC's Creme D'Nude lipstick for almost a year now. I am not sure if it is my *perfect* nude however it is definitely close. It is now nearing its end, and so I got a replacement and another nude that I have been eyeing up for a while - Viva Glam Gaga 2.




I do love the packaging of MAC lipsticks; chic and sleek! I prefer things with simple black casing and not too much fuss. It does slightly annoy my OCD though that the Viva Glam lipsticks have red accents instead of silver! However the red signifies that the funds of the Viva Glam lipsticks goes totally towards helping those affected by Aids and HIV, which is the best reason ever to buy a lipstick.


Viva Glam Gaga 2 is described as 'light neutral biege' while Creme D'Nude is a 'pale muted peach biege'. To me (or perhaps because of my extremely pale complexion) Gaga 2 is more brown based in tone, while I think Creme D'Nude leans quite pink.

VIVA GLAM GAGA 2 / CREME D'NUDE

Creme D'Nude is a cremesheen finish, which I love; it is creamy, smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. Gaga 2 is a Amplified Creme, which to me seems the same in texture and is equally as lovely to wear, but is more pigmented.

The below swatches on the lips are of Gaga 2, I ran out of daylight and couldn't get decent comparison photos of Creme D'Nude.


For me personally, I prefer Creme D'Nude as I think it suits my NC15 skin tone better, especially as I have cool undertones. The brown nuance of Gaga 2 just doesn't look right on me. Perhaps a light application would work better. However, I still have it for my kit - it was the lipstick I used on my Bridal look, and it looked great on my model!

Which nude lippie do you prefer? I'm always on the lookout!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

It looks gorgeous :D x

Courtney said...

What a beautiful shade, looks great on you xx

Beautyshades said...

Thank you for the swatches :)