Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Sleek Blush By 3 Palette - Lace

The other week I was in Belfast, and of course popped in to the Castlecourt Superdrug (a veritable makeup Mecca compared to my nearest one now). I was on the hun for the Sleek Blush by 3 palettes, and I wasn't disappointed.

I picked up Lace as the colours appealed to me the most, but I am hoping to pick up a few more before they vanish!



I like the packaging; simple and, well, sleek, I suppose! Sturdy enough, slim and compact.



Top - Bottom: CHANTILLY / GUIPURE / CROCHET
L-R: CROCHET / GUIPURE / CHANTILLY
The blushes are extremely soft and velvety to the touch, especially Guipure. You can see from the photos that in the pan they look extremely bright, and they are well pigmented, but when used lightly they work beautifully, and you won't look like a child who's gone crazy in their mum's make up!


The palette retails at £9.99 for 20g... my maths works that out as 6.67g per blush. Slightly less than the Sleek single pan blushes which are 8g each. You can see that size wise, the blush in the palette is slightly smaller. However, the single blushes are £4.50 each, so money wise the palettes work out better. I have used my Rose Gold above to compare and you've probably noticed how similar it is to Guipure. It was the first thing I noticed! Comparison swatch?

GUIPURE / ROSE GOLD

To my eyes, these look pretty much exactly the same! What do you reckon? In the photo, perhaps Guipure is slightly more coral toned, and Rose Gold a lighter, pinker shade, but when I was looking at these on my hand, I saw no difference at all!

I really hope to pick up more of these palettes! Great variety and quality from Sleek!

20 comments:

DawnieP said...

Oh that looks gorgeous. I saw the other Sleek blush palettes and theres a lovely purpley one too. Like the variation in it!

dp
x

lalalucy1000 said...

Oooh I recently got the pink version of this, I love this one too tho.. can you ever have enough blushers :P x x

Belinda said...

Looks good! handy for travelling, deffo need to check these out fashioncrossing.com

Beautyshades said...

I think some of the colours from the new palettes are similar to some of the normal range blush colours.

AspirationsOfGlam said...

I really want to try these out. Guipure looks amazing!

Liz
http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
xxx

daisychain said...

Ohhh my, adding to must purchase list.

Beauty Fiend said...

Guipure looks just like Rose Gold!
www.whokilledlola.blogspot.com
x

Bex said...

Oh I need to be getting this! It's gorgeous!!

MSodapop said...

omg, the shades in the palette all look so gorgeous! <3

Charlotte said...

I reallllllly want to get my hands on this palette, such gorgeous blush shades! X

Sweetaholic Rachel said...

What gorgeous tones :)
xx

MrAJBx3 said...

i think this is such a great idea! <3

i need them all haha xx

www.MrAJBx3.com

Eight For A Wish said...

I'm so confused, why do people want orange blush? I really don't see the appeal o_O Maybe it's just because I'm very pale, it doesn't suit me AT ALL.
How odd!


Devon x
www.eightforawish.com

MakeupbyNix said...

I am a blush addict and Sleek blushes rate highly in my collection. I adore the pigmentation and how well they apply. I really like the look of this palette but I have neither the funds, nor the room for it! Shame.

Great post by the way. Nice, clear pictures and plenty of information. Particularly liked the comparison (grams and price-wise) to the single blushes.

Jenny Clark said...

these colours are gorgeous! Might have to check these out :)
xx
http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

Lipstick Fridays said...

This looks fab xx Lovely blog - Im now following - you may want to check out my fantastic 450 Nars giveaway x The winner will receive £50 of Nars products of their choice xx Hopefully see you soon xxx

Princess Naheeda said...

I do love some sleek products, I have the eyeshadow pallet which I adore. These colours are gorgeous xx

Princess Naheeda said...

I do love some sleek products, I have the eyeshadow pallet which I adore. These colours are gorgeous xx

Princess Naheeda said...

I do love some sleek products, I have the eyeshadow pallet which I adore. These colours are gorgeous xx

Saskia said...

Hi! Excellent review :) Lace is one of the most beautiful blushes palette of Sleek!!

I've done a post of this product and I've linked to you :)

Beautiful everything!!

http://laprimeratonteriaqueseteocurra.blogspot.com.es/2013/11/paletas-faciales-blush-by-3-lace-de.html