Wednesday, 4 April 2012

New 17 Purchases

I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought anything by 17! However I had spied this blush in a blog post recently and decided to pick it up in Boots.


I also got a lipstick too, as I am always on the hunt for everyday nude shades (spoiler: this sadly, isn't one!)



I swatched several nude toned lipsticks in Boots before deciding that 17's Dare to Bare was the one for me. Oh, how wrong I was! Never trust a hand swatch!



As you can see, the lipstick is a very peachy, brown toned nude which is way too dark for me! Perhaps on someone with darker tones it would work, but it doesn't suit me at all. At £4.29 it didn't break the bank, but it's still a disappointment.



First Kiss is a really pretty pink blush with a subtle hint of gold shimmer. As you can see from the swatch, the gold shimmer barely shows on camera but in person, it is just a slight sheen which looks lovely.



The blush is definitely worth the £3.99 I paid and I plan on getting a few more! Beauty bargain for sure.

Have you any 17 recommendations?


9 comments:

xXxStundonxXx said...

I actually think that lipstick looks lovely on you! The blush looks great too x

Daisy said...

I just got that lipstick in Hot Chilli and it's definitely my new fave! :) xxx

Sophie - Country girl said...

I like a natural dark pink if that makes sense, I got one in chocolate eclair from 17, really like it! I can't really wear nude shades, they look funny on me.

themaryfairy said...

That lipstick looks lovely on you! :-) You should try the mirror Shine Lipsticks by 17, they're good for every day :]

Miss LV said...

The blusher looks lovely xx


www.misslv.com

Victoria said...

blush is lovely! shame you didnt get on with the lipstick!

Charlotte said...

Such a shame you don't like the lipstick but the blusher is really pretty X

Esm said...

The blusher is beautiful

Kirstabelle said...

I get 17 nail varnish all the time but never tried anything else. I am always on the brows for blusher so deffo want to get this, love the cute name. Might try their lipsticks and see if the other colours are better. Great blog :)
♥ http://kirstabelle11.blogspot.co.uk/