Thursday, 5 April 2012

OOTD - Love Hate Relationship

I wore this outfit to work today and spent the whole day loving it. Thought I looked fabulous. Even if the dress did keep riding up my legs a bit much. I thought I looked pretty good, you know? Then I got home and took some outfit photos and realised I was very much deluded.

I got this dress on Saturday in New Look and thought I had picked up a bargain; reduced to £12.99 and with ruched material across the side to disguise bulgy tummies like mine...

Dress - New Look
Cardigan - Gift from Poland
Tights & Pumps - Primark
However, to me in these photos, it just looks extremely blah and unflattering. I think it emphasises my stomach and the neckline is too high or something.... *sigh* I can't pinpoint what it is, but I just think it looks utterly rubbish. Whether it's me or the dress, something isn't right. Removing my make up before remembering to take the photos probably didn't help either. I actually had to set vanity aside and wear my glasses for the shots because in the ones minus make up and glasses my face looked like a potato.

Not a happy bunny with this dress any more!

9 comments:

DawnieP said...

I like it, I mean you're itsy bitsy so the tummy isn't even a factor but I can see what you mean about the ruching it makes it sit a little oddly I suppose. It's nice though x

The Agoraphobic Fashionista said...

I think you look damned foxy in it (in the right amount too) however it's all about comfort and if you're not comfortable :( though the colour is stunning on you. xx

Jenny Clark said...

I disagree with you, I think it looks really nice :) the colour is gorgeous and the material DOES make your tummy look flatter and the high neck along with the stomach detail thing makes your boobs looks bigger/nicer (ooh err ;) )
xx
http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk/

Sophie - Country girl said...

You don't have a tummy on you anyway! I like the colour of the dress but I'm not in love with the ruching.
At least you felt great about it most of the day :) x

Please may I? said...

I think it's just the rushing thats not right. The colour is great and if you felt fab in it whilst you were at work it would have made you look fab too.

X x

Black Cat said...

looking good!
nice dress!

Elise said...

Ah I like this dress, maybe you'd feel better wearing it with heels? It seems like that kind of dress. The fit looks flattering from what I can see tho! :)

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

I disagree, I think it suits you and looks really nice on you :).

Sadie x

www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

CeeCee said...

Hi Lauren, I'm new to your blog but am now following! Have to say I think this looks great on you. The colour is beautiful and I like the ruching. To be honest, I'm surprised this is New Look, I would've said Oasis or somewhere! You look great! :-)