Sunday, 29 April 2012

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up #28

I am now being forced to use the new format of Blogger against my will, gah! I don't like it, I don't understand where things are. Oh dear! On to this week's make up...



MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Enriched Moisturising Facebase - This is like a hybrid moisturiser/primer with a cream/gel consistency that smells amazinggggg, like oranges. I love it.


Skin79 Super+++ Triple Function BB Cream - My skin is currently purging at the minute (more to come on that topic...) and I have some small but very red spots, with more probably to appear, so I am going with this BB cream as it has buildable coverage. I always forget how much I like this stuff.

MeMeMe Beat The Blues Moonbeam Highlighter - I am actually mixing this with the BB cream and using it all over my face - you must try it. Gorgeous, illuminated yet natural-looking glowing skin. Fantastic!

ELF Studio Cream Blush Flirt - This cream blush was actually a freebie that came in a 'mystery bag' my mum got with an ELF order. It's a bright, hot pink shade, with a spongy, mousse texture, and you only need a little or else you look like Coco the clown. I am not a huge fan of this, mainly due to the unnecessarily bulky jar. Why make it so big when you don't need to?!


Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoos Permanent Taupe and Charcoal - Two new colour tattoos to play with! I might use these on their own if I am in a rush, or as a base if I have more time.

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette - I so rarely use this palette, it's a joke! It has some beautiful colours and so I am aiming to make some use of it this week.


No. 7 Extreme Length Mini Mascara - I really don't have much to say about this mascara; decent plastic comb, nicely separates lashes. The usual!

Revlon Lip Butter Crème Brulée - A new toy! And a new favourite. I love the creamy texture of this lip product, it feels really smooth and nourishing. It isn't the most pigmented of colours but is a great everyday natural, not quite nude shade. I can see me getting a lot of use out if this. As much as I love it though, I feel that it is very overpriced at £7.99! Almost £8 for a glorified tinted lip balm?! These are $6 in the USA, which is about £3.70... so why the heck are they so much more in the UK?

Another selection to keep me going this week! Have a good one folks!


8 comments:

Charlotte said...

Lovely choices for this week. I love the look of Creme Brulee, need to get my hands on a few more shades X

themaryfairy said...

I always love these posts of yours, look forward to them every week haha!

Would you recommend the MeMeMe Seventh Heaven moisturising facebase for combination/oily skin? I've been wanting it for ages but I don't want to get it if it'll just make my t-zone worse >.<

Jess said...

Great choices! I feel the same way about the lip butters, I think they would get a lot more love over here if they were the same price that they are in the US.

Jess
xxx

http://sugar-and-sparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

youlittlebeauty said...

I really have to try that BB cream, looks so good! I totally agree about the price markups, but always think how lucky I am to be buying in the UK instead of back in Australia where I believe they are selling for $17, when the exchange rate is almost 1:1 to the US!

Secret Blogger said...

I don't use my colourful UD palettes enough. They are so pretty though.

I'm not brave enough to try a cream blush. It's a long way from my comfort zone!

X

Sara said...

Is it the Rio making your skin purge?? Eek.

That charcoal eye tattoo looks really lovely. I think I need it.
S xx
http://www.belfastbeautylove.blogspot.com

Sophie - Country girl said...

I was really interested in the Revlon lip butters until I heard the price, what a swizz!

Shen said...

I love my 15th anniversary palette. it's gorgeous, i love half truth.
x