Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Sunday Night Make Up Shake Up #30

Let's go back in time until Sunday, so that I'm not actually late with this post.... again!

It always surprises me when I get to a round number of weeks with the shake up - Week 30?! That's over six months of mixing up my make up every week! I don't think I've created the same combination twice yet!



*not pictured* MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Moisturising Facebase - I am using this primer again this week so didn't include it in the shot.

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation 51 Light Vanilla - A new foundation! I got this last week, while on offer in Boots at £6.99. So far, let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this. It is making my skin look very dry, no matter how much I moisturise beforehand, plus this is the lightest shade, yet is still slightly too orange for me! This baffles me; shade 51 in Healthy Mix is pretty much a perfect match for my skin so how is this darker? Opinion is verging on negative at the minute.


Barry M Foundation Crème Foundation White - To mix with the Bourjois so I don't have Orange Face Syndrome!


Vivo Blush with Highlighter Duo Pink Primrose - A bright pink that looks scarier in the pan than it applies to the skin. I like that you can mix the blush and highlighter or use them separately.


Avon Perfect Eyebrow Pencil Dark Brown - A new toy! I always use my HD Brows palette, however the shade I use every day is depleting fast, and so I thought I would try out an eyebrow pencil. I think that powders are the safer and easier option for brows, so the pencil scared me at first, but so far so good!

Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil - So far I have just tried this out; when I tried to remove it several minutes later, it was not wanting to budge! I can see this will be a long lasting liner, which is good news for during the day, but a pain in the ass to remove at night! It also makes a fab base for dramatic, smoky eyes.

ELF Eyebrow Kit - I am rediscovering my love for this in an attempt to save the HD Brow palette, too! This is still a really decent buy for £3.50. It is lasting me ages, the powder isn't quite as dark as my usual one but still good for filling in brows, and the wax is great for shaping brows and keeping them in place.

MUA Pro Palette Heaven and Earth - The best bargain neutrals palette about, I would imagine. £4.00. 12 brown and neutral shades. Done.

Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara - Beginning to wish this was sold in the UK, as it is getting too dry to use properly! Noooo!

So, those are my make up picks for this week! Have you shaken up your make up lately? Have a good week folks!


6 comments:

The Agoraphobic Fashionista said...

I need to pick up some MUA eyeshadows, girl in superdrug raved about them when I was in on my nail polish hunt! I love these posts! I don't have enough make up to mix up yet though lol xx

DawnieP said...

Lauren another great post! Im so glad I read this I'd seen the Bourjois foundation and I adore their foundations normally so I'd mentally noted myself to come back and have a try. I think I'll pass now! Their 10 hour sleep effect is still the best I've ever tried and that includes healthy mix! Love that MUA palette too gorge!

dp
x

Charlotte said...

Week 30?! Whatttttt that's madness! Lovely choices but such a shame about that foundation.. I don't think I'll be rushing out to try that one X

Sophie - Country girl said...

my local superdrug had never stocked that palette, will have to go online methinks.

Jo said...

I love Covergirl mascara! <3

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Hazel said...

I love this idea and have been saying I'm going to do it for ages but it just never happens! I bought some sparkly eyeshadow for a ball I went to last night, I didn't get time to experiment with it beforehand, and as it turned out, I had little time to get ready so I reverted to my staples!
I recently bought en eyebrow pencil but I'm not getting on with it, any advice for using powder on brows?