Tuesday, 10 July 2012

MUA Undressed Palette - Swatches and Naked Palette Comparison

I do not exaggerate when I say I was VERY EXCITED about the new MUA Undressed palette when it was unveiled! It was around this time last year that the MUA Heaven & Earth palette was released and caused somewhat of a furore in the blogging community! 

As the official Undressed launch date approached, I tried to remind myself that I in no way need another neutral-esque eyeshadow palette.... but as always, the fact that MUA do fantastic palettes and it is only £4 soon won me over. I purchased one for myself and one for my mum, who was severely hitting pan on her Heaven & Earth! A few days later, the little beauties arrived, and here is the Undressed palette...



The eyeshadows are wonderfully pigmented, very creamy and so easy to blend and work with. There are ten frost/shimmer finishes and two mattes. The matte shades are the least pigmented shadows in the palette, however I find that with most matte eyeshadows, regardless of brand.
TOP L-R: 1, 2, 4
BOTTOM L - R: 7, 8, 9 

TOP (L-R): 4, 5, 6
BOTTOM (L-R): 10, 11, 12
(L-R) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
(L-R) 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Are you thinking the same thing I thought at first?.... Perhaps the name dropped the penny for you! Yes, this is a very good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette. A wonderful dupe, in fact. I had previously compared the Naked palette to MUA's Heaven & Earth palette, and there were some similar shades, however the Undressed palette is without doubt the closest you are going to get to the Urban Decay version from a drugstore/highstreet brandA dupe that's AN EIGHTH OF THE PRICE. You may be doubting my claim that it is a wonderful dupe, so here are some comparison photos for your consideration...
(L-R) UD Virgin & MUA 1     /     UD Sin & MUA 2     /     UD Naked & MUA 3     /     UD Sidecar & MUA 4
(L-R) UD Buck & MUA 5      /      UD Half Baked & MUA 6      /      UD Smog & MUA 7      /      UD Darkhorse & MUA 8
(L-R) UD Toasted & MUA 9      /      UD Hustle & MUA 10      /      UD Creep & MUA 11      /      UD Gunmetal & MUA 12
I really don't think my words are required regarding the similarities in the swatches -  a photo speaks a thousand words! I also did an eye look using both palettes... can you tell which eye was done using Urban Decay Naked shadows and which using the MUA?...


I absolutely love the fact that MUA have done what no other drugstore/highstreet make up brand have attempted to do by offering customers a nearly identical palette to the ever-popular Naked. It is a fantastic palette in its own right too from, by far, the best value for money brand out there. MUA have pulled it out of the bag again! You can buy MUA palettes from certain (usually larger) Superdrug stores, and from the online shop, MUA Store!

Have you got Undressed yet?! (you knew I would fit a terrible pun in here somewhere!)

5 comments:

Sophie - Country girl said...

It looks like such a great palette and yes, does look rather similar to the mucho more expensive one.
I think I need to get my hands on this one!

*CiCi* said...

I tried to find this palette in London, when I was on holiday. I got a few MUA and Sleek things but I want more. I love drugstore makeup and I do not own anything by UD, so this seemed like a match made in heaven. :( No pun intended

Shen said...

I love the fact the facts the order of the colours in naked and undressed are the same just to make it even more obvious! I need to order me one
xx

MissGreenEyes said...

Wow, some of those shades are almost identical! I've never seen any MUA stuff around, but I do have a similar Sleek palette (storm?). Great find!

Hazel said...

looks pretty darn good to me!