Sunday, 30 September 2012

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Don't let the title fool you; magic, 'tis not! Nor does it remove nail polish in one second flat. However, with those two claims debunked, please allow me to assure you that this still a decent product!


Basically, this nail polish remover is a sponge with a hole in it, soaked in nail polish remover and housed in a plastic tub. Remove the lid, put your nail in the sponge, and twist until the nail polish is removed. It probably takes more like 5 seconds per nail, as opposed to 1, but I still find this so handy.


I bought this at the airport as I was heading on holiday, and it was so easy to use and great to have on holiday. There's no faffing about with cotton pads and I think it smells (a bit) nicer than standard nail polish removers. It can be a bit tricky to remove polish from the very edges of the nails, however I find that a few more twists, while really pushing the nail in to the side of the sponge does the trick. 

It will be hard to know if and when this is about to run out, which could be annoying, but for £4.99 I will definitely continue to buy this; it is a lazy nail polish lover's best friend!

Have you tried this nail polish remover yet? Do you find it as handy as I do? Or a lot of fuss over nothing?


7 comments:

The Agoraphobic Fashionista said...

I love the idea of this and now that you've successfully brought my expectations down to reality! I may actually give it a go! Great honest review :D xx

Sophie - CGDN said...

looks like a nifty idea and not a bad price too x

Catherine. said...

Great review, loving your honesty Lauren :) Really want to try this, but put off by the price! xo

Cheap Kicks said...

I've got a similar one of these from the pound shop, not had chance to try it yet as I've had shellac on my nails but its supposed to be ok xxx

perfumehk said...

so nice idea . nice blog .
Parfum pas cher

MissGreenEyes said...

I actually went to Boots to find this but they didn't have any, I got a cheap version and every second time I use it I end up spilling it all over myself!! It is a novelty, being able to remove polish so quickly, but I don't think the pots are any good for glitter, the residue stays in the pot x

Hazel said...

Good idea, great for holidays... Not much use for toes though hehe :-)