Monday, 12 November 2012

Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil


Well that's a long title for this product! As a fan of hair oils I couldn't help but treat myself to one of these when I saw them all brand shiny new in the Avon catalogue. It was on offer at £2.99, as opposed to its full price of £5.50.

This comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a handy pump dispenser. You get 30ml of product which has lasted me a fairly long time; I got this around September and am only approaching the end of it now. It is a thick golden oil, and two to three pumps is sufficient for my long but fine hair. My hair is dry at the ends but gets greasy at the roots, and I have found that since getting my hair dip-dyed the ends are drier than ever, so hair oils are a necessity to prevent my hair from looking totally frazzled.


I use this after washing my hair when it is still damp. I rub two or three pumps of the Avon Argan Oil between my hands and then smooth it through the lengths of my hair before drying and styling as usual. I feel that it adds some extra nourishment and life to my fine hair, especially at the ends where my hair gets quite dry. I tend to only use this on dry hair if it is particularly dry or as an overnight treatment if I am washing my hair in the morning.

I find this no better but certainly no worse than previous hair oils I have tried, including the VO5 Miracle Concentrate and the L'Oréal Mythic Oil. It isn't going to perform miracles, however it will definitely make a difference to dry hair that's prone to split ends. I even think that my hair has grown a bit faster than normal lately but I suppose there's no concrete proof as to the cause of that! ;) 

My only annoyance is that now I am approaching the end of the bottle, the pump has all but given up the ghost, and I'm having to unscrew the top to pour it out!

You can buy the Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil from your local Avon representative, or you can also buy it online here where it is, at the time of writing, on offer for £3.50.

Have you tried this hair oil before? Any recommendations?

7 comments:

Confessions Of A Makeupaholic said...

I have this too & I don't think much of it! I prefer the hask argan oil from penneys x

Caroline McM said...

I'm intrigued that your hair got longer, I wonder if it helped. I may try it. hmmm. great post. thankyou! Hope you can check out my latest post-

http://reddutchess.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheap Kicks said...

A friend let me try this and I'm now awaiting for my own to be delivered. I think it's fab for my hair which is curly and dry all over, it really defines my curls and you can't even feel it in my hair xxx

MissGreenEyes said...

I haven't tried this one but I used to really love their Advance techniques serum in the pump with the green lid, it was brilliant!

Marisha Wick said...

Moroccan oil is famous in skin care and hair care, but it is an excellent addition to cooking. Pure argan oil has many health benefits including a high vitamin E content and a variety of essential fatty acids. It is traditionally used in the cuisine of the indigenous Berber tribes in Morocco, and they also know about its health-giving and medicinal properties. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Marisha Wick said...

Moroccan oil is famous in skin care and hair care, but it is an excellent addition to cooking. Pure argan oil has many health benefits including a high vitamin E content and a variety of essential fatty acids. It is traditionally used in the cuisine of the indigenous Berber tribes in Morocco, and they also know about its health-giving and medicinal properties. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

FATIMA ELABDELLAOUI said...

Argan oil is an excellent product.. For this, we find a very high price in the market. Argan oil health benefits