Tuesday, 28 January 2014

FOTD: Glam Duochrome Make Up Look

There's something very satisfying about a make up look that looks more complicated that it actually was. The main eyeshadow used is only £1 from MUA, and when blended out it looks like much more effort has been put in, as it has a lovely duochrome finish.



I wore this to a family occasion but it would also be great for a night out too with some false lashes added. The eyeshadow suits all eye colours due to the mixture of shades. Here are all the products I used for this look...


I started off with the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer which is a long forgotten buy from America. It is lovely but very silicone-y and too much can cause the opposite effect, and cause foundation to slide about. I used the Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation in Light Pink as I am very pale at present and this is one of the lightest foundations I have in my stash. The NYC Blushable Creme Stick* is quite a neutral pink which suits a variety of looks. It also provides a lovely glow and sheen to the cheeks. Of course I use my old faithful Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, as I find it covers both blemishes and under eye darkness very well.


For contouring I used the Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow as a base, followed by the NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in All Over Bronze Glow. I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set my base and the Illamasqua Powder Blush in Lover which is one of my go-to blushes. The MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle provides a subtle highlight to finish of the face.


You can see how well loved my HD Brow Kit is! It is my favourite brow powder and I am devastated that I am almost finished it. I used Avon Super Shock Eyeliner for lining the water line and tight line as well as for adding some smoky definition. I used two mascaras; firstly, Soap & Glory Thick & Fast, which isn't my favourite... I think the brush is too big for my lashes! It also was quite clumpy which I am not a fan of in a mascara. I used Avon Supershock for the second coat to help separate my lashes a bit!


My eyeshadow base of choice was Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Rehab as I thought the brown shade would emphasise the red undertones of my main eyeshadow, MUA Pearl Shade 12. I also used a little Wet n Wild Brulée in the crease to help when blending. Not pictured is MUA Pearl Shade 2, a pearly white which I used as an inner corner highlight and forgot to photograph, oops!


The final touches for this look were the Urbdan Decay All Nighter Setting Spray which I used to dampen my eyeshadow brush to apply the colour more intensely over the lid, as well as my current favourite nude lip (and I do love a nude lip) Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse.

I have also done a video on this look if you're interested in seeing how I put it all together!


Is this a look that you would wear or try out? It's definitely one I will be wearing more often!

* PR Sample

2 comments:

Girlwiththeskew-earring said...

WOW! Your eyes really pop... this is fantastic!

Lauren said...

Thank you @Girlwiththeskew-earring it's an easy but effective look!