Tuesday, 14 January 2014

How I Clean My Make Up Brushes / Sigma Dupe

I can't be alone in dreading the chore that is washing make up brushes. When I manage to keep on top of the task and wash a few brushes here and there it is bearable, however I am prone to letting the stash of dirty brushes build up until the 'dirty brush pot' is jam packed and my heart sinks at the sight.

Previously I washed my brushes on my left hand, which was time consuming and usually resulted in a very wrinkly hand at the end of the process! Not a bit pleasant. Then one day last year, as I was browsing in Tesco, the heavens opened and a sun beam shot down and the angels sang as I laid eyes on this...


A silicone oven glove! With different textures and ridges for brush cleaning! Just like the Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove and all for the grand sum of £6.50. I purchased it and went home with the knowledge that even if it was a failure for cleaning my brushes I could still use it for its intended purpose.

Fortunately, it was a complete success when it came to washing my brushes! The glove is lined inside and keeps my hand warm and dry. I use some baby shampoo and the brushes get a really good lather and clean thanks to the ridges of the brush. A thorough rinse and my brushes are good as new and it makes the whole chore a lot faster and less dread inspiring.


If you are interested, here is a link to the oven glove! I bought this almost a year ago now, and it is still as good as new and going strong. It is a fraction of the cost of the Sigma version and, although I haven't tried it personally, I am sure it does just as good a job. If you would like to see me and my mitt in action, you can check out my latest YouTube video!

Do you have something similar for cleaning your brushes? Or perhaps you have an even better method?! Do share!

No comments: