Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Well I guess this is growing up...

Every time I return to this blog it's after a stupidly long break! However life has been very busy, and was pretty mad through 2015 so I feel I am finally finding some equilibrium, with a bit more free time which I could devote to writing again.

I have some topics in mind that I would like to write about, which are definitely more in the 'lifestyle' category so expect some of those coming up soon. In the meantime here is a bit of a catch up...

I briefly mentioned in a post last April that I had got engaged at Christmas 2014... well, the wedding is this year, August 2016, so there has been plenty of planning for that going on, and there is still more to come! I'm not sure if any of the planning process really warrants being documented right now, but perhaps I will afterwards when I can discuss things more!

I welcomed in 2015 in Phuket, Thailand, and also had two trips to Scotland and one trip to Westport, Co. Mayo. Would you believe that I had three different jobs in 2015?! I started the year in a civil service job that I really liked, however it was always a temporary contract that I knew was coming to an end mid-March that year. I then got a new job at the end of March in a large law firm, which sounded a lot more promising than it was in reality! It was a very long commute (55 miles each way) and after a failed car share arrangement and weeks of bus craziness, I finally got my first car out of sheer necessity! I love my wee Micra though, she has been a life saver!


I was only at the law firm for a few months when I realised that I simply could not keep it up for much longer. I was totally sleep deprived, had no home life worth speaking of and to be honest, I felt like my mental health was beginning to suffer, too. I spent a few months applying for every job under the sun and then at the end of September I got something that I had been looking for since I finished University in 2009... A PERMANENT JOB! It was a miracle! I am still so thankful for my new job every day. It is much closer to home, in a small company and they are the nicest people you could ever ask to work for.

I also became vegetarian last March and haven't looked back, and I further embraced my crazy cat lady tendencies by volunteering at a cattery most weekends, which is messy and smelly and heartbreaking and soul soothing all at once! It's not for everyone, but I really felt that I wanted to do something selfless, and I love animals (cats especially) so I stared volunteering in September. I go almost every Saturday morning unless I have something else on. It takes 2 or 3 hours and then I still have the rest of the day ahead of me.

So really, I am finally accepting the fact that I am twenty eight years old; undeniably an adult now and it is time to not only embrace this, but also to learn about  myself a bit more! So that is some of what this blog will reflect and my ramblings will focus on these days... I hope you stick around for a mixture of everything that is to come!

No comments: